Inserting photographs into communications..

• 7 Replies

Kleftiwallah

Inserting photographs into communications..
« on: April 15, 2019, 11:11 »
I know, I know, I know...

I've asked this before and done it in the past but I cannot find any guide to popping snaps into messages.  Could someone out there please remind me?

Cheers,  Tony.
I may be growing OLD, but I refuse to grow UP !

mrs bouquet

Re: Inserting photographs into communications..
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 11:41 »
I am so glad you asked, I have also been told before, but cannot remember.  Unless it is something I do often I am afraid it eludes me when the time comes.    :)  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 11:51 »
Under the box where you type your reply there is another box which you can 'drag and drop' picture files into (file must be in one of the formats listed underneath.)

An alternative way is to click on 'choose file' which will take you to the list of files on your computer, where you can find and then choose which one you want to add.

You can add further pictures if you want to (can't remember how many offhand but it won't let you load above the preset limit per post.) You don't have to faff around trying to change the size of the picture - the software resizes it for you.

Hope that helps.  ;)
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

mrs bouquet

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2019, 12:03 »
Thanks JayG, but how do I take the 'photo in the first place.    Whoops, sorry Tony, I have hijacked your thread.   Mrs B

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2019, 12:38 »
Digital cameras, tablets and smartphones all create a file of the picture on the device, and there are many ways to get the file to where you can then upload it to the forum (probably too many to make it easy to explain, but I'll have a go if you let us know what you use for taking pictures, and also what you use for posting on the forum.)

Goosegirl

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2019, 14:10 »
I tried uploading pics from my camera before but they were rejected as being too large, but possibly it's different now. All I do is load the pic on my pc then use the free PIXresizer. I click on upload file then locate the file where my pic is stored, scroll thought the list, select it which then shows it on the right-hand window, choose recommended ok, then it automatically stores the pic in my email folder. The one thing you have to do is note what the number of the pic is so you can find it on the list or give it a name beforehand.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2019, 15:22 »
I tried uploading pics from my camera before but they were rejected as being too large, but possibly it's different now.

It is (there may be a maximum size of file the forum software can deal with but if so, I've not come across it yet.)

Kleftiwallah

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2019, 17:02 »
Just testing...
Special snap of my eye (showing melanoma).

Cheers,  Tony.
Netty Angus Vaugan Anita 032.jpg

xx
IT and communications

Started by Longshanks on Chatting on the Plot

9 Replies
Last post July 21, 2020, 08:47
by Longshanks

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 39 queries.