turnip glut what to do!

• 4 Replies

massa

• Experienced Member
turnip glut what to do!
« on: July 21, 2010, 01:00 »
Hi, i have been using this forum for a while but never really ventured into this section, but thort the experts over here may be able to advise me. i have grown turnips this year for the first time and have harvested them at all stages, the smaller ones have been gorgeous but i left some in to get bigger to see if it affected the flavour and i have found the large ones taste a little bitter and woody if that makes sence but i have quite a few of these now and lots of smaller ones. I was wondering if anyone had any recipes/sugestions of what i could do with my turnip glut, all i have ever done is boil, roast or mix with mashed spud. I know some people make soups with them but i have never made a soup and wouldnt know where to start.  thanks in advance for any help and advise

compostqueen

Re: turnip glut what to do!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 09:42 »
I know you can make turnip curry as I've seen it in Madhur Jaffrey book. Worth googling or going down the local library  :)

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 17:38 »
If you click on the Recipes link just under the banner at the top of the page, it says there are 6 turnip recipes on that part of the site.

Didn't check what they were or whether they were edible though  ;) :)
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

sloegin

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 19:26 »
The Madhur Jaffrey turnip recipe is supposed to be lush ! Will see if i can find it
I know you can make turnip curry as I've seen it in Madhur Jaffrey book. Worth googling or going down the local library  :)

sloegin

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 19:40 »
The Madhur Jaffrey turnip recipe is supposed to be lush ! Will see if i can find it

The recipe is Moghul lamb with turnips i have it in one of my cookbooks let me know if you want it. In the meantime i found this http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/500069

xx
Turnip cheese

Started by Tattie Bogle on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

2 Replies
Last post July 18, 2010, 17:22
by Tattie Bogle
xx
Turnip storage

Started by Andyroo on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

3 Replies
Last post August 02, 2013, 21:05
by Trillium
xx
Turnip storage...

Started by Benandbill on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

7 Replies
Last post September 11, 2011, 08:18
by stentman
xx
turnip oasis

Started by Grubbypaws on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

4 Replies
Last post August 25, 2014, 09:47
by Grubbypaws

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 39 queries.