ling

• 5 Replies

flatcap

• Experienced Member
ling
« on: January 16, 2007, 08:09 »
hi
ive been given a ling anyone got any recipes for it , do you fry it or cook in oven  :oops:

muntjac

ling
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 11:29 »
nth atlantic ling . not to be confused with ling cod of southern waters lovly grub .. ok british waters  ling is an eel like fish and has a fantastic taste , they can be huge beasties , my best is only a littlun of 16lbs .i will explain in stages how to do it for ya .i saw this in sydney harbour fishing bay  being done using ling cod by little old chinese ladies and it works for me for our ling
Cut the head off, slit the abdomen and remove the gut. Leave the black lining, as it later indicates that all the bones have been removed.
Lay the Ling on its back and cut along the right side (your right side - the Ling's left) of the exposed backbone at the base of the ribs. The cut should be through the ribs and as deep as the dorsal spines on the backbone. The completed fillet looks better if the knife does not go deep enough to cut the skin of the belly
Continue to cut through to the tail.
Lay the fish out flat. Now work the knife under the dorsal spine and the ribs
Lay your forefinger along the ribs, pressing firmly to keep them flat, and you can feel the knife slicing just under the bones. (be very careful)
Lay the knife flat under the remaining ribs and, using a slicing motion, remove the bones
Discard the head, guts and bones. You are now left with a reasonable ling fillet.that looks kinda like a butterfly you can cut it in half centreline ways and skin if you wish PLEASE  DO NOT FEED THE BONES TO CATS

for cooking it try thai recipes . english batter doesnt due it justice in my book but you may want to try it
still alive /............

sorrel

• Experienced Member
ling
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 11:58 »
Muntjac - I am convinced you are a walking fountain of knowledge!!!

Is there anything you dont know about - chickens, fish, bunnies, veg, aminals, growing and cooking oh and don forget  Shaun?
Starting from scratch............

muntjac

ling
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 11:59 »
been about a bit ,, stuck when it comes to dating tho ,,,,, i can never figure out who pays for my drinks  :lol: oh and i am getting to learn spell checker  8)

sorrel

• Experienced Member
ling
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 12:06 »
No one ever understands dating hun....... the rules are

1. There aint no rules lol

Just be honest and be yourself....

Good luck tho'

muntjac

ling
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 12:10 »
be myself ? id get locked up lmao,, can you imagine standing at a cheque out with me ,and i ask " oh did you remember you said we wasnt gonna shop lift today in here " ? or oh dang i forgot your incontinence pads  :lol:

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 38 queries.