Landmaster 85

• 1 Replies

daddychubby

Landmaster 85
« on: January 27, 2020, 19:30 »
I have bought a spares and repair Landmaster 85. Initially it would not start so I checked for spark, got that.
Checked Plug that looked new so set gap which was about 25 thou. so that. But there did not appear to be any petrol on it. so checked Cpetrol was in carburator I think it was dry. so fuel tap was stuck freed that off still no fual so disconnected pipe no fuel .But pipe was britle repaced pipe with new and used compressor to blow air back into Tank to ensure there was passage  for fuel flow. Fuel was flowing ok then but having used the tickler it was over flowing. Removed carb and took off float chamber. A bit grotty in there so cleaned it up and blew air through ports etc and cleaned it best I could. reassembled it all with new seal under tickler. not over flowing then. tried again to start the engine and it seemed to be trying to start. so used power drill as starter motor to really give it a good kick.  It started but stopped strait away. so fiddled with choke and throttle controls and after a few attempts got it to run . Only for about 30 secs though. after reassing what I had done so far and was vey pleased then realised there was a link missing between governer arm and thottle valve on carb. Now I do not remember removing it so not sure if I have lost it or it was not there in the first place. I have looked on ebay and the seems to be several different one for it. Has any one got a picture of one fitted or a part number for the correct one.
 My engine is The Aspera /Tecumseh HSB40/41212 ser no 5191263. and the carb fitted is the dellorto FHC 2013.  Also does anybody know where I can find a parts list for this machine. Sorry its so long but thanks for reading it.

jezza

Re: Landmaster 85
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2020, 07:17 »
Hello try a company called MEETENS have a word with Philip Child's have engine type model and code ready if the part available he'll let you know  if you can't get linkage have a go at making one a piece of brazing rod bent in the right places works, I have an old KOHLER engine that was repaired that way 20 years ago it still goes jezza

clip
landmaster 100

Started by derekmc on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post March 24, 2016, 22:30
by R Tallentire
xx
landmaster 85

Started by derekmc on Equipment Shed

0 Replies
Last post June 05, 2011, 21:41
by derekmc
xx
Landmaster 100

Started by Baz on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post April 21, 2009, 21:25
by Celery
xx
landmaster cub

Started by ianhatley on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post April 16, 2014, 20:01
by sten

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 38 queries.