Poorly ex-bat, advice needed!

• 1 Replies
Poorly ex-bat, advice needed!
« on: September 11, 2010, 21:18 »
Hi everyone,
I am really concerned about one of our 5 ex-bats which we got in February this year. Over the last few nights she has been sitting in the same corner of the garden instead of going into the coop with the other 4 girls. Her comb is looking very pale and small and she is making alot of squeaking noises.
I dont think it is a bullying problem as she seems to be interacting normally with the others during the day time.
The only thing I can think if which may have caused this is that we have recently had a red mite problem. We have treated the girls and the coop etc but need to do another treatment as soon as it is safe to do do.
Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Lisa

bantam novice

Re: Poorly ex-bat, advice needed!
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 22:16 »
Sorry to hear about your henI  f red mite was an issue I think all the hens would be affected and would not want to go into the coop.  I suppose she could have a regular perching spot that happens to mean that she is first on the menu for those @#&* mites.  Have you felt under her wing then tried that with one of the other girls to see if she has a temperature?  You could also try checking her crop.  You could also try taking a torch out and looking in after dark to see if there is any evidence of mites.  I'm sure someone more experienced than I will be along with more suggestions.  In the meatime good luck and keep us posted!
11 bantams (and counting!) 2 dogs 1 cat

xx
Poorly chook...please, advice needed!

Started by chookchick74 on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post March 06, 2010, 17:10
by dizzylizzie
xx
Advice needed for poorly chicken

Started by KarlandSue on The Hen House

0 Replies
Last post July 05, 2010, 20:45
by KarlandSue
xx
Poorly hen urgent advice needed please

Started by Jane-M on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post August 04, 2010, 11:36
by Jeanette
xx
Help - Poorly chuck Advice Needed

Started by tinaq on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post August 13, 2009, 21:14
by Aunt Sally

Page created in 0.216 seconds with 28 queries.