GG's desktop display puzzlement.

• 4 Replies

Goosegirl

GG's desktop display puzzlement.
« on: September 11, 2018, 13:26 »
Yesterday I copied and pasted an image of Cockersand Abbey from a website into my Abbey pix folder - ok. When shutting down, this pic appears as a translucent image that's covering most of my desktop screen. I went on my PC this morning and it's still there. I can still click on the icons that it covers but it's so annoying! I've looked on my PC desktop link but there's nothing there that shouldn't be. What's also strange is when I hover my pointer over the Explorer icon I can see two things I'm looking at but there's also a grey page with my cryptic crossword header with the rotating  green "thinking" circle which I can't close because when I go onto it and try to close it nothing happens. DOH! Anyone got any ideas what I've done?
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

mrs bouquet

Re: GG's desktop display puzzlement.
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 14:18 »
Oh Blimey - No idea, no help at all.  But let us know how you resolve it, and good luck,  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Goosegirl

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 15:42 »
Somehow I managed to get rid of the crossword page on Explorer but the rest is a complete mystery so far.

Growster...

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2018, 18:41 »
Goosey, it's a sutting down issue, which may mean that some progs are still open when you click on the shut down button.

There's a free prog called CCleaner https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner?source=cpc&gclid=Cj0KCQjwz93cBRCrARIsAEFbWsg_HX6PZucRrA6_gDHwKEYdD4sVQv-dZ5CfA3_POubAD68423NAyLMaAunDEALw_wcB which is great at sorting out waste on your computer. I use it most weeks and regularly shift out loads of rubbish collected during the week. It does cancel some passwords though, so you may have to pop those back in, but its a well-trusted prog and I recommend it.

It may just help...

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2018, 22:16 »
Goosey, it's a sutting down issue, which may mean that some progs are still open when you click on the shut down button.

There's a free prog called CCleaner https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner?source=cpc&gclid=Cj0KCQjwz93cBRCrARIsAEFbWsg_HX6PZucRrA6_gDHwKEYdD4sVQv-dZ5CfA3_POubAD68423NAyLMaAunDEALw_wcB which is great at sorting out waste on your computer. I use it most weeks and regularly shift out loads of rubbish collected during the week. It does cancel some passwords though, so you may have to pop those back in, but its a well-trusted prog and I recommend it.

It may just help...

Yeah, dodo Cleaner is great. You can change the settings so that it doesn't delete your saved passwords by stopping it from deleting cookies.

xx
Display stands

Started by jezza on Chatting on the Plot

0 Replies
Last post August 17, 2019, 14:10
by jezza

Page created in 0.259 seconds with 40 queries.