Ride on mower

• 5 Replies

Maison Lammonite

Ride on mower
« on: May 20, 2011, 23:34 »
Bonjour, Hello,

We have about half an acre of grass, not what I would call a lawn, clover, grass & everything else, its reasonably level but grows at an alarming rate during April & May until it gets scorched in June, July & August as we live in the Vendee region of France..

Im researching into ride on mowers with a budget of about £2000 & considering a Mountfield T35M as it is recommended for up to 1 acre, so is this OK or are there other more suitable models that would do the job?

I would prefer something slightly over specified to provide better service through life.

Thanks in advance, your thoughts appreciated

N

Gwiz

Re: Ride on mower
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 06:50 »
I don't know much about the Mountfield, I used to sell them years ago and I wouldn't say they were fantastic, I don't suppose they have improved much over they years.
Stihl have recently brought out a new small ride-on machine called the MR4082 in their VIKING range. I haven't seen one up close, but if they are willing to put their name to it, you can bet it will be pretty good. I think it may be a little over your budget, but a good haggle should bring it down to near what you want to pay.

smud6ie

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 08:43 »
I reckeon the quality of mountfield as well as some other brands has gone down over the years gwiz,
I haven't seen the stihl in operation or know much about it but I would be looking at the the option to mulch as well on a machine to use in  hot conditions.
smud6ie

Gwiz

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 14:49 »
Smud6ie,
Glad it's not just me who thinks things have been "dumbed down" over the years.
I used to sell a lot of Mountfield machines they were quite well made. The new ones I wouldn't have in the shop, you can get far better machines for not much more money.

Maison Lammonite

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2011, 22:22 »
Thank you all for your replies so far

It seems the world over that some manufacturers offer inferior goods on the back of a good name & I had a sneaking suspicion that they might not be as good as they used to be, im sure there are lots of satified customers out there but I need to make the right decision rather than be told "you shouldnt have..." along with the intake of breath through the teeth (in English or French!)

I had noticed the Stihl Viking mower so will be looking closer at that, I have a Stihl chainsaw and its first class.

N

Maison Lammonite

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2011, 22:25 »
you can get far better machines for not much more money.

Many thanks, what brands would you recommend then?

xx
Thinking of buying a ride-on mower...

Started by garden elf on Equipment Shed

11 Replies
Last post August 28, 2011, 13:01
by arugula
xx
ride on instructions

Started by owein on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post July 19, 2011, 12:25
by owein
xx
Ride-on Lawnmower for paddock

Started by gsc on Equipment Shed

25 Replies
Last post May 13, 2010, 10:24
by Spana
xx
Anyone good with Murray Sentinel Ride-ons please?

Started by GrannieAnnie on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post July 13, 2017, 11:12
by shedmeister

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 35 queries.