House insurance renewal costs !!

• 6 Replies

JayG

• Global Moderator
House insurance renewal costs !!
« on: November 22, 2023, 15:44 »
OK. we've already had the same discussion recently about car insurance - how about your quotes for house/contents insurance renewal?

Just had mine for December - no claims made, no alterations made, and still exactly the same distance away from the nearest river as I was last year, but the premium is up 42%!   :mad:

Best guesstimate I've been able to find is that premiums have risen by 26% this year on average, so my insurers are well ahead of the game.   ::)

Anyone else had such inflation-busting quotes, and anyone had any luck having a 'serious chat' with the insurers themselves?
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

snowdrops

Re: House insurance renewal costs !!
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2023, 16:16 »
Our renewal was a few months ago and if my memory serves me correctly it was just a few pounds more, so I didn’t shop around, their little red telephone was ok with me. Sounds like you’ll be spending today on comparison sites :(
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Hampshire Hog

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2023, 18:55 »
Based on my experience with car insurance I would suggest that you see what offers are available on a price comparison site. You don’t need to progress the quote but you may find that your current insurer has a change of heart once you throw a couple of competitive quotes at them. Good luck HH
Keep digging

AndyRVTR

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2023, 19:54 »
I remember when ours came up for renewal, the price had nearly doubled even though we've never had any claims. I rang them up and told them in no uncertain terms that if they couldn't give me a better price, I'd take my business elsewhere. After a 2 minute chat, he came back with a price lower than my previous premium with no changes to the policy.... weird that!!

Christine

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2023, 19:30 »
I got a three year guaranteed quote for old biddies that runs out in May. Mine is going to have to go up to deal with extra items that need to be included.

Goosegirl

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2023, 08:55 »
I believe it's best to bite the bullet rather than risk it if things suddenly go doo-dahs up.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

jaydig

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2023, 19:38 »
I never renew car or house insurance without checking on comparison sites first.  Our car insurance with the usual insurer had gone up to a silly price, so I checked on price comparisons and with my building society, who was almost two hundred pounds cheaper for the same cover.  When the details came through the policy was with exactly the same insurer as offered to us by the broker!!  Somebody was making a nice little profit out of the original quote.

xx
Car insurance renewal costs !!

Started by Hampshire Hog on Chatting on the Plot

18 Replies
Last post October 04, 2023, 12:37
by Growster...
xx
Car Insurance Renewal

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

9 Replies
Last post June 19, 2021, 17:33
by jezza
xx
Van insurance

Started by jezza on Chatting on the Plot

1 Replies
Last post August 11, 2022, 16:23
by New shoot
xx
Car insurance time

Started by Lardman on Chatting on the Plot

7 Replies
Last post September 27, 2022, 23:03
by jezza

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 42 queries.