peas

• 31 Replies

AnneB

Re: peas
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2018, 21:29 »
I have a rather large African maize corn cob of dried seed that grows a good nine feet !
The seed was given to me by a plot neighbour and I have been informed it has a very long growing season and needs to be sown within the next week. Three inch pots, extra food and double insulation in greenhouse will have to be the way forward. May even need temporary cloches for a fortnight to help the hardenning off, not sure yet. Will be interesting, first time I've grown a forest.
As for my greenhouse peas, their growth has slowed down this last few days, so am hoping for a quick pick up in temperature. Probably have been put back ten days  :(
Good luck with that!  My plot neighbour is from Malawi and has tried to grow his native maize corn  for the last 3 years but with no success, the growing season just isn't long enough here.  He wanted to use his maoze for making flour, rather than using as cobs as we normally do .What is your variety?

victoria park

Re: peas
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2018, 20:49 »
Well, here are my usual greenhouse advance crop of peas, and the first flowers are at last showing their petals today. Hooray, a full 24 days later than last year despite exactly the same sowing and regime. 4 weeks behind !
Have now soaked the first outdoor crop, and look to sowing them outdoors at the end of this week, as soon as I know they're sprouting.
IMG_20180402_140809032.jpg
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 20:52 by victoria park »

question
Hurst greenshaft peas Support required (me and the peas)

Started by Twood on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post March 22, 2019, 17:46
by Twood
xx
sweet peas garden peas

Started by potherb on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post May 02, 2018, 17:00
by sunshineband
xx
Top;s of peas

Started by washsaint on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post May 11, 2009, 09:08
by scezy
xx
Peas

Started by Sir Growalot on Grow Your Own

10 Replies
Last post May 22, 2008, 08:34
by DD.

Page created in 0.312 seconds with 37 queries.