Not happy with Jparkers at all.

• 11 Replies

Lardman

Not happy with Jparkers at all.
« on: July 09, 2014, 13:33 »
Beginning of the year I bought 12 lavender and 6 coleus canis from J parkers, you may remember the poor coleus plugs I posted about, well they sent another 6 almost which were as bad but 3 took so I cut my losses.  I had been happy with the lavender plants at least they hadn't died.

Today I noticed flower heads on a couple and what struck me is they were different and they sure as  h-e-double hockey sticks aren't supposed to be !  :mad:

I suppose Im going to have to wait a year for them all to flower and find out which are which, then remove the odd ones and replant - I am well not happy !
2_types.jpg

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Not happy with Jparkers at all.
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 13:47 »
A neighbour along the terrace has had a lot of trouble with plants from them this year, they don't seem to be as good as they used to be - but then who does, nowadays  :(

Goosegirl

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 14:02 »
Had plants from the many years ago, but not anymore for the same reason.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

jaydig

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 14:40 »
Same here. Some years ago I ordered a hosta which was called Fire and Ice, and was quite strikingly variegated. What I actually got, when it eventually came into leaf, was just a run of the mill variegated hosta. Very disappointed, and never used them again.

bendipa

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 03:32 »
We ordered 9 bare root roses from Parkers last November. When they arrived we had to send 4 of them back as the quality was abysmal, but they replaced them without fuss. Now since they began to flower we've realised that not all the roses they sent us were the varieties that we ordered.

In my view this company is not very good and best avoided

dugless

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2014, 07:02 »
I keep getting adverts from them  ::) but after reading this post I don't think Ill bother using them.
Time is more precious than Gold
Spend it Wisely

jay001

• Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2014, 13:23 »
we also stopped using them because of poor quality . . . and they are a bit on the pricey side so you would expect more ! we use gardening direct over in jersey and so far this year all has been as ordered so far fingers crossed  :D :D
Real knowledge is to know the extent of ones ignorance

surbie100

• Winner Prettiest Pumpkin - 2014
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2014, 14:05 »
Was going to buy my saffron corms from them, but don't think that I will bother now.

dugless

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2014, 15:56 »
just found some old receipts for some plants I bought from them. And if I remember they were a disappointment. 

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2014, 18:09 »
I have always had excellent plants from Parkers and their bulbs can be a good price too. I think any mail order company runs the risk of damage in the post, but not the wrong plant!!!

Interesting experience with your lavender plants, Lardman: do send them a photograph of the two in flower, as they will never know their mistake otherwise. They might provide you with the correct form. They should know from the photo which it the "wrong one" surely?

Bl@@$y annoying for you though --- I would be seething

Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

Goosegirl

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2014, 11:13 »
we also stopped using them because of poor quality . . . and they are a bit on the pricey side so you would expect more ! we use gardening direct over in jersey and so far this year all has been as ordered so far fingers crossed  :D :D
I always use them and their service and plant quality is extremely good. I get begonias as plugs and although there are more red ones than I would have wiahed, I certainly can't coomplain because the blooms are amazing. When they arrive, they are well-packed, nice and damp and hardly a discoloured leaf to be seen. The prices are good too.

Lardman

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2014, 18:20 »
Interesting experience with your lavender plants, Lardman: do send them a photograph of the two in flower, as they will never know their mistake otherwise. They might provide you with the correct form. They should know from the photo which it the "wrong one" surely?

Honestly - I just can't be bothered with them any more.. it took them 2 weeks to respond about the coleus and another 2 to send replacements. I'll be voting with my feet.

clip
Happy and Relieved

Started by Eblana on General Gardening

0 Replies
Last post January 23, 2020, 11:20
by Eblana
xx
Happy and Relieved

Started by Eblana on General Gardening

1 Replies
Last post January 23, 2020, 21:19
by Yorkie
xx
Quickest growing clematis that's happy in a pot?

Started by dangolding on General Gardening

1 Replies
Last post March 07, 2008, 22:14
by gobs
xx
happy Christmas to all my growing friends lets hope for another great season

Started by ricky on General Gardening

3 Replies
Last post December 26, 2014, 12:04
by snowdrops

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 32 queries.