Chatting > Design and Construction

Greenhouse door replacement wheels

(1/1)

whaleroad:
This feels like a stupid question as I thought it was straightforward until I started shopping around.

I'm trying to get replacement parts for the greenhouse door that is currently loose. I measured this bit and it's 4cm but replacement wheels just within that size seem hard to come by and this looks like a standard greenhouse door.

Should I be measuring just inside the lip rather than the full height of the thingy? Greenhousespares website has wheels at 38mm, which sounds right, but they seem disproportionately pricey compared with the slightly smaller ones so I want to be sure they're the right ones. Ones I've found on Amazon are just confusingly labelled so I'm not sure what size they are.

Can anyone help? Thank you.

mumofstig:
Have you measured the old runner wheels rather than the gap, because the runners sometimes run on a guide, or in a groove inside the track. Better still is the greenhouse labelled with a brand?

I got replacements for mine from here, once I knew the size  https://www.greenhousespares.co.uk/shop/door-fittings

whaleroad:
No existing wheels to measure against unfortunately. Can't see a brand anywhere but it does need a good scrub so maybe something will reveal itself.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version