Chatting > Chatting on the Plot

Bird watch

(1/30) > >>

New shoot:
The garden robin has a rival, so fisticuffs this morning.  I also filled up the fatball feeder, so sparrows and starlings are alternatively squabbling over that.

My birds are starting 2018 all guns blazing  :lol:

robinahood:
Went for a stroll at a local nature reserve today, a kingfisher landed on a lake side branch about 10 feet away from me,  that was an unexpected pleasure!

snowdrops:
Robinahood,what a treat, I would love to see a kingfisher. I’ve stopped feeding the birds now I have my late mother’s cats,it’s just not fair on them, I do miss the robins & blackbirds we used to get.

Offwego:
Today's the daily visit by the pair of doves was as usual disturbed by the crows who chase them away from the bird table, then the starlings and the noisy robin

When my wife and i were walking to the allotment we saw 2 male bullfinches and a chaffinch in the bare trees so a welcoming sight, haven't seen wild bullfinches for ages round by us which is a great shame

LILLILEAF:
I do my bird watching in the evening as we have many owls around,the most beautiful is the barn owl i see most evenings,there must be plenty of food in the fields that surround our house :),i shall be doing the rspb bird watch again this year.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version