It never rains

• 39 Replies

too many girls

It never rains
« on: December 04, 2009, 10:07 »
but it pours,
 when i got my shopping delivered last night (by an extremely good looking young man :blink:) he very kindly popped a bottle of white rum in with the groceries ( i swear i didn't order it :D or the coke for that matter) anyway, not wanting to offend Tesco's i had made quite a healthy inroad into said bottle by 11pm, Pip was putting the puppies out for their pre bedtime wee when she found Panda very ill, she couldn't walk and was very disorientated and then she started to cry with pain, it was obvious she needed a vet and quickly, having had a drink i knew i couldn't drive so i sent Pip to find my dad only to discover that he'd been making his own healthy inroads into his homemade wine, so then she rang her dad (why? he no longer has a license because of his own unhealthy inroads with alcohol) anyway i heard her yelling down the phone "the puppy's ill and everyone's drunk" :( so her dad rang for a taxi while i rang the vet, the taxi got lost but eventually found the farm and we met him at the gate, during the journey Panda passed away (at least i thought she had, i couldn't wake her and we were very upset by the time we got to Barney) the vet examined her and said he still had a pulse but it was weak, err he? he looked at me and said "had the puppy been drinking alcohol? i  assured him he hadn't as i don't share my rum with anyone never mind a puppy, i had pre warned him on the phone i was 3 sheets to the wind and that was why i couldn't drive but actually i wasn't that bad, however she/he had been in the bin and eaten a tea bag, he kept him in and told me to ring in the morning,
    Panda is still with us but they are keeping him in because as yet they don't know whats wrong with him, i'm to ring again at lunch time, i have apoplogised to Pip and said if i knew the puppy was ill i would never have had that rum......................

arugula

• Winner - prettiest sunflower 2011
  • hic svnt leones
Re: It never rains
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 11:29 »
Oh I hope the pup is going to be OK...  :(
"They say a snow year's a good year" -- Rutherford.

Parsnip

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 11:49 »
but it pours,
 when i got my shopping delivered last night (by an extremely good looking young man :blink:) he very kindly popped a bottle of white rum in with the groceries ( i swear i didn't order it :D or the coke for that matter) anyway, not wanting to offend Tesco's i had made quite a healthy inroad into said bottle by 11pm, Pip was putting the puppies out for their pre bedtime wee when she found Panda very ill, she couldn't walk and was very disorientated and then she started to cry with pain, it was obvious she needed a vet and quickly, having had a drink i knew i couldn't drive so i sent Pip to find my dad only to discover that he'd been making his own healthy inroads into his homemade wine, so then she rang her dad (why? he no longer has a license because of his own unhealthy inroads with alcohol) anyway i heard her yelling down the phone "the puppy's ill and everyone's drunk" :( so her dad rang for a taxi while i rang the vet, the taxi got lost but eventually found the farm and we met him at the gate, during the journey Panda passed away (at least i thought she had, i couldn't wake her and we were very upset by the time we got to Barney) the vet examined her and said he still had a pulse but it was weak, err he? he looked at me and said "had the puppy been drinking alcohol? i  assured him he hadn't as i don't share my rum with anyone never mind a puppy, i had pre warned him on the phone i was 3 sheets to the wind and that was why i couldn't drive but actually i wasn't that bad, however she/he had been in the bin and eaten a tea bag, he kept him in and told me to ring in the morning,
    Panda is still with us but they are keeping him in because as yet they don't know whats wrong with him, i'm to ring again at lunch time, i have apoplogised to Pip and said if i knew the puppy was ill i would never have had that rum......................

How the hell do you manage to make a story like this funny... ???

I shouldn't laugh but I can't help it...I'll be praying for little panda Rom. I wonder what made him ill..?. :(

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 11:58 »
Hope she's ok Rom, let us know as soon as you hear anything xx
Staffies are softer than you think.

Rubellite

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009, 13:14 »
Any news, Rom?

Parsnip

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2009, 15:58 »
Rom, I haven't been able to stop thinking about little panda, hope everything is ok?

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2009, 16:41 »
Just a mini update until Rom comes on, Sam just let me know that puppy is getting better thankfully  :D

Parsnip

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2009, 16:45 »
Just a mini update until Rom comes on, Sam just let me know that puppy is getting better thankfully  :D

Yay!!! woohoo.

Thanks Cara :D

noshed

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2009, 17:04 »
You've got to write a book TMG.
Self-sufficient in rasberries and bindweed. Slug pellets can be handy.

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2009, 17:08 »
OMG! it all happens there!!! fingers crossed little panda continues to improve  :happy:xx
thinks her guardian angel`s gone on strike !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2009, 17:19 »
hugs to panda and hope the recovery continues  :) xx

Parsnip

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2009, 17:24 »
I didn't know anything about this  panda pup.  I reckon she snuck him/her in when we weren't looking... ;)

It's not the rescue Collie is it Rom...? If so I want pics 8)

too many girls

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2009, 17:41 »
it is the rescue collie pup and he's home now, the vet thought he had been poisoned, he had been in the bin last night and pip and i went through the bin and listed the contents to tell the vet, result? don't let puppies eat pickled eggs :D
my dad and i had been arguing over ownership of Panda/Snoopy, my dad wanted to call him Panda but i wanted Snoopy, he says he found him first but i said i look after him, feed him and pay for his food, when i got back from the vets i asked my dad "whose dog is this?" he replied "mine" oh ok then and i gave him the £150 vets bill :D :D :D

Parsnip

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2009, 17:47 »
it is the rescue collie pup and he's home now, the vet thought he had been poisoned, he had been in the bin last night and pip and i went through the bin and listed the contents to tell the vet, result? don't let puppies eat pickled eggs :D
my dad and i had been arguing over ownership of Panda/Snoopy, my dad wanted to call him Panda but i wanted Snoopy, he says he found him first but i said i look after him, feed him and pay for his food, when i got back from the vets i asked my dad "whose dog is this?" he replied "mine" oh ok then and i gave him the £150 vets bill :D :D :D

So glad he is ok.. :D get some pics up, it's the least you can do after worrying us all day over a pickled egg.... ;) :D

RichardA

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2009, 17:47 »
I am so glad the pup is doing better and that you have found a home as well for the vet's bill. I also agree with others that you should be writing for a living, you more than outclass many so called comic writers that get into print.
R

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 35 queries.