Oscar has been in the wars - Now he's back!

• 45 Replies

spottymint

• Experienced Member
Re: Oscar has been in the wars.
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2013, 20:36 »
You could always try giving him some catnip either before or after treatment.   ;)

Depends how the cat reacts to it, 1 cat goes dopey, 1 is like she is possessed, another we knows turn very wild.
Good thought though.

Our Mouse wore a collar, went mad & had flicked it off in 5 mins, put it back on him --- He rolled on his back, back feet forward, flicked it off his head & walked off in seconds.  ::)

Kate and her Ducks

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2013, 21:00 »
Yes, the cone of shame didn't last long here and in fairness he doesn't bother with his dressing so no need for it. He's a bit more chilled tonight but is still clearly in quite a bit of pain and definitely not himself yet but sure he will get there.
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2013, 10:04 »
You could always try giving him some catnip either before or after treatment.   ;)

Depends how the cat reacts to it, 1 cat goes dopey, 1 is like she is possessed, another we knows turn very wild.
Good thought though.

Our Mouse wore a collar, went mad & had flicked it off in 5 mins, put it back on him --- He rolled on his back, back feet forward, flicked it off his head & walked off in seconds.  ::)

That is so true, our Bagpuss used to go mental with the catnip but then she had the mellow/dopey time afterwards.   :)
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

Kate and her Ducks

Re: Oscar has been in the wars Now missing.
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2013, 22:34 »
Well Oscar managed to escape on Saturday by waiting behind the door till one of us came in and then escaped. We saw him but couldn't catch him on Sunday and we haven't seen him since. :(

We have looked everywhere and the neighbours haven't sen him either. I'm really hoping that he is just holed up somewhere till he feels better but starting to fear the worst. :( :( :(

ANHBUC

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2013, 22:48 »
He can probably see you from his hide e hole and his survival instincts have taken over.  I hope he turns up safe and sound.   :) 

Kate and her Ducks

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2013, 23:35 »
Keeping my fingers crossed but he has never been away even half this long. Hopefully he is sneaking in and eating during the night and watching us and snickering at us running round looking for him during the day!

Much as I have always said that 5 cats is too much for this house it doesn't seem right with only 4.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2013, 23:49 »
Fingers crossed for you x
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

allotmentann

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2013, 00:21 »
Hope he turns up for you. My cat who never goes out ( because he is deaf)escaped and was gone for week, but turned up safe and well. A friends cat went for 18 months then strolled in one day!  That secret life of cats documentary seemed to suggest that cats don't actually go very far away, so hopefully you are right and Oscar is somewhere nearby and popping in at night. Do let us know if he turns up.

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2013, 07:20 »
I hope he turns up soon Kate x
Staffies are softer than you think.

maxyboo

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2013, 13:31 »
I hope he soon appears Kate. My Henry disappeared a few days after my old cat died. I was in pieces but he turned up 3 days later absolutely ravenous. He may not have gone far so it's worth looking around your local area and putting up posters won't hurt. Was his leg healing well before he disappeared?

Kate and her Ducks

« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2013, 14:43 »
Well we saw him this morning! :dry: Phew! Couldn't catch him though but at least we know he is safe(ish). Amazingly he still has his bandage on so hopefully the wound hasn't got too dirty.

Just need to get him into the house now!

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2013, 17:16 »
thats good news  :)

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2013, 17:22 »

Or even both  ;)  Poor Oscar. I hope he makes a speedy recovery from that horrible wound.

Must be something in the air. Our house cat Effie went off at 5:00 am for her walk around the garden. Usually back by 5:30 am, but on Tuesday we didn't see her again.

On Thursday I leafleted all the local houses: she never goes far and I though it likely she was caught in someone's shed (At 5:00 am?  :unsure: :unsure:)

Yesterday morning she was at the back door when Mr Sunny came down. Very sorry for herself. She has a lump small wound on her backside, and very frayed front claws. Now she seems to be developing a lump on her side, which may be an abscess. Poor thing is still grubby looking (Her coat is white normally) and she won't go more than a few yards from the door.

At least she is back

Glad Oscar reappeared when he did in time for you to help him  :D
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

Kate and her Ducks

« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2013, 18:11 »
Not really been able to help him yet as haven't got hold of him yet!!!

ANHBUC

« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2013, 19:01 »
You will have to entice him with some lovely smelly fish.   :blink:

Or even both  ;)  Poor Oscar. I hope he makes a speedy recovery from that horrible wound.

Must be something in the air. Our house cat Effie went off at 5:00 am for her walk around the garden. Usually back by 5:30 am, but on Tuesday we didn't see her again.

On Thursday I leafleted all the local houses: she never goes far and I though it likely she was caught in someone's shed (At 5:00 am?  :unsure: :unsure:)

Yesterday morning she was at the back door when Mr Sunny came down. Very sorry for herself. She has a lump small wound on her backside, and very frayed front claws. Now she seems to be developing a lump on her side, which may be an abscess. Poor thing is still grubby looking (Her coat is white normally) and she won't go more than a few yards from the door.

At least she is back

Glad Oscar reappeared when he did in time for you to help him  :D

I hope Effie recovers soon Sunny.   :)

xx
My poor little Tiger has been in the wars :(

Started by Casey76 on Pets without Feathers

11 Replies
Last post November 30, 2009, 18:15
by raeburg
xx
Bee tail back.

Started by Kleftiwallah on Pets without Feathers

2 Replies
Last post May 09, 2022, 10:43
by Kleftiwallah
xx
Horse - back problem?

Started by chloe on Pets without Feathers

5 Replies
Last post May 29, 2012, 14:00
by Casey76
xx
Springwatch is back on the telly!

Started by DD. on Pets without Feathers

2 Replies
Last post May 28, 2015, 18:36
by Yorkie

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 35 queries.