Plastic mini greenhouses

• 20 Replies

FCG

Re: Plastic mini greenhouses
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2009, 20:29 »
Grab some inch thick bits of slate and put them on the bottom tray. That's kept mine from falling over in gale force wind :D

Kristen

• K's Garden blog
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2009, 22:52 »
I've got two. They are inside my cold conservatory, against the house wall. I put my Toms and Cues in their early in the season (although still bring in on very cold nights).

I put seedlings in there for a few days after pricking out to provide high-humidity to reduce stress on the plants, and my Cues stay in them until about now - again, the higher humidity and warmth keeps them growing well.

GillyHen

• Not far enough from the madding crowd
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2009, 01:50 »
I just got one today for £12! A four shelf one, and it has filled up quickly with potted on seedlings - it's in the house though, against a south facing window.

hectic

• Experienced Member
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2009, 07:50 »
I have 2 as well, a 4 tier jobby we had last year and a walk in one which is fab now it has been firmly secured to the patio with bolts. Currently got chilli, toms and peppers flexing their muscles. Just planted out the lettuces which germinated from seed in it. Will use it as Capsicum City for the rest of the year ;)

courgette

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2009, 07:52 »
I just got one today for £12! A four shelf one, and it has filled up quickly with potted on seedlings - it's in the house though, against a south facing window.

thats a good price, where did you get that from?

Debbie D

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2009, 08:51 »
I've got 2 a 4 tier one and a 5 tier, they are both also filled to the brim with seedlings and have been really useful.  We haven't got anywhere to put a proper greenhouse unfortunately but the mini ones have been great.   My 5 tier one blew over completely in the wind the other week (it was weighed down with bricks and heavy pots on the bottom shelf) and I lost a whole batch of seedlings but I have resown them all and attached the greenhouse to the wall so fingers crossed they should be ok.

xx
Mini plastic greenhouses

Started by matt80 on Grow Your Own

24 Replies
Last post March 04, 2009, 18:09
by Stree
xx
Mini Greenhouses

Started by clarebear on Grow Your Own

21 Replies
Last post January 14, 2008, 21:11
by Aunt Sally
xx
Mini greenhouses

Started by FCG on Grow Your Own

18 Replies
Last post June 02, 2008, 22:05
by Boothy
xx
mini greenhouses

Started by paintedlady on Grow Your Own

22 Replies
Last post February 14, 2008, 19:53
by Noah'strolly

Page created in 0.434 seconds with 38 queries.