Who lives in France?

• 11 Replies

NormandyMary

Who lives in France?
« on: July 03, 2010, 08:59 »
Ive just noticed that a few fellow chook keepers on this board are from my side of the Channel. I was just wondering how many there actually are, and from what regions. I think its great that this board spans Europe. Which other countries are represented around the world? And are there any fundamental differences in raising our birds within those countries?

Casey76

Re: Who lives in France?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 09:05 »
Moi :) J'habit dans l'Alsace :)

I've been here fore 2 years, though I also spent 5 years just over the border in Switzerland before I gave into my country girl yearnings lol

Pretty Chick

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 14:44 »
Hi NormandyMary and Casey76  :). Can you both speak fluent French?
All lives are precious.

Paul Plots

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2010, 15:22 »
Who lives in France?

The French?  ::)
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

pipes

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2010, 17:32 »
Ive just noticed that a few fellow chook keepers on this board are from my side of the Channel. I was just wondering how many there actually are, and from what regions. I think its great that this board spans Europe. Which other countries are represented around the world? And are there any fundamental differences in raising our birds within those countries?
Hello,Mary,we live in the Limousin.Moved here dec.07-love it.
Regards,Pipes.

Andee

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 12:37 »
Hi Mary,
We are in Normandy too. Between Caen and Cabourg. Been here 3 years and have just finished building a coop and run. I'll be looking to buy some 3 Bantam egg layers towards the end of July if anyone knows of a reputable seller I'm all ears.

Cheers

Andy

eggbert

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2010, 18:29 »
Hi
I'm new here. I live in Luxembourg (so Casey76 is my nearest neighbour, I guess). I hope to be getting my hen house soon (being shipped over from England) and will then need to get supplies and some chickens. The small ads obviously have the French names for the breeds or the nreeds are completely different. Can anyone help me with this? Also where do you buy your feed and other stuff? If you get it from a big French chain, there is a chance we'll be able to get that here.
Thanks for your help
Eggbert

Junie

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2010, 18:32 »
Hi MaryNormandy - We've 'met' B4 but to the others - We are in the Tarn et Garonne, down in the South West, every one else seems further north.  I have never kept chooks or grown veggies in the UK so do not know of any differences - only how expensive seeds are here so order online from UK! 

french bob

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2010, 15:05 »
Hi I live in North Dordogne and have 3 chooks, my first, though we did lose one to the hunt dogs. Altered a pigeon coop for them so very easy for me.  :)
Another fine day for drinking French wine

elibump

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2010, 18:23 »
Hi

I'm on the Dordogne/Charante border, been here for 3 1/2 years and have 3 chickens and 5 geese (4 geese 1 gander to be precise).

Chicken feed is best from your local Co-op where they sell large bags for comparitively (?sp) little; mais (con)casse or blé seem to work well and are cheaper than the poultry mixes which seem to have more chemicals mixed in.

I speak french (not as fluently as I'd like ) so if I can help with translations pm me and I'll do my best.

Good luck

Eli xx :)
Talking to the microwave,I ask you wall, what is the world coming to?
Blesséd are the cracked for tis they who let in the light!

NormandyMary

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2010, 20:41 »
Its great that there are so many members of this site over on this side of the channel. Although the name I use is NormandyMary, I actually live in the Pays de la Loire area, (53)though Orne, which is in Normandy is around 400 metres from our front door. Ive been here just over 5 years now, and the house renovations are still not finished due to hubby's ill health. We've had chooks for nearly 4 years now, and would never be without them, though I not sure how much more heartbreak I can take, losing them for various reasons.
Dont know about you other ex pats, but I could never move back to the UK.

tode

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2010, 22:21 »
Hi, Mary,  where abouts are you: near Bagnoles ?  We're about 25 km from Alençon, so can't be very far from you.   :)

xx
Flo..the chicken with 9 lives!!!!

Started by Carla on Chicken Chat

14 Replies
Last post October 31, 2011, 13:29
by arugula
xx
BBC 2. The private lives of ....

Started by tiptopchickendon on Chicken Chat

38 Replies
Last post July 19, 2010, 07:40
by Craig69
xx
New worming product for ducks from France

Started by wolverine on Chicken Chat

4 Replies
Last post November 22, 2010, 19:45
by jinty1911

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 39 queries.