The Daily Funny - Give us a Laugh!

• 4196 Replies

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
Re: The Daily Funny - Give us a Laugh!
« Reply #2550 on: March 08, 2014, 21:14 »
A MESSAGE FROM THE QUEEN

To the citizens of the United States of America from Her Sovereign Majesty Queen Elizabeth II

In light of your failure in recent years to nominate competent candidates for President of the USA and thus to govern yourselves, we hereby give notice of the revocation of your independence, effective immediately. (You should look up 'revocation' in the Oxford English Dictionary.)

Her Sovereign Majesty Queen Elizabeth II will resume monarchical duties over all states, commonwealths, and territories (except North Dakota, which she does not fancy).

Your new Prime Minister, David Cameron, will appoint a Governor for America without the need for further elections.

Congress and the Senate will be disbanded. A questionnaire may be circulated next year to determine whether any of you noticed.

To aid in the transition to a British Crown dependency, the following rules are introduced with immediate effect:

-----------------------

1. The letter 'U' will be reinstated in words such as 'colour,' 'favour,' 'labour' and 'neighbour.' Likewise, you will learn to spell 'doughnut' without skipping half the letters, and the suffix '-ize' will be replaced by the suffix '-ise.' Generally, you will be expected to raise your vocabulary to acceptable levels. (look up 'vocabulary').

------------------------

2. Using the same twenty-seven words interspersed with filler noises such as ''like' and 'you know' is an unacceptable and inefficient form of communication. There is no such thing as U.S. English. We will let Microsoft know on your behalf. The Microsoft spell-checker will be adjusted to take into account the reinstated letter 'u'' and the elimination of '-ize.'

-------------------

3. July 4th will no longer be celebrated as a holiday.

-----------------

4. You will learn to resolve personal issues without using guns, lawyers, or therapists. The fact that you need so many lawyers and therapists shows that you're not quite ready to be independent. Guns should only be used for shooting grouse. If you can't sort things out without suing someone or speaking to a therapist, then you're not ready to shoot grouse.

----------------------

5. Therefore, you will no longer be allowed to own or carry anything more dangerous than a vegetable peeler. Although a permit will be required if you wish to carry a vegetable peeler in public.

----------------------

6. All intersections will be replaced with roundabouts, and you will start driving on the left side with immediate effect. At the same time, you will go metric with immediate effect and without the benefit of conversion tables. Both roundabouts and metrication will help you understand the British sense of humour.

--------------------

7. The former USA will adopt UK prices on petrol (which you have been calling gasoline) of roughly $10/US gallon. Get used to it.

-------------------

8. You will learn to make real chips. Those things you call French fries are not real chips, and those things you insist on calling potato chips are properly called crisps. Real chips are thick cut, fried in animal fat, and dressed not with catsup but with vinegar.

-------------------

9. The cold, tasteless stuff you insist on calling beer is not actually beer at all. Henceforth, only proper British Bitter will be referred to as beer, and European brews of known and accepted provenance will be referred to as Lager. South African beer is also acceptable, as they are pound for pound the greatest sporting nation on earth and it can only be due to the beer. They are also part of the British Commonwealth - see what it did for them. American brands will be referred to as Near-Frozen Gnat's Urine, so that all can be sold without risk of further confusion.

---------------------

10. Hollywood will be required occasionally to cast English actors as good guys. Hollywood will also be required to cast English actors to play English characters. Watching Andie Macdowell attempt English dialect in Four Weddings and a Funeral was an experience akin to having one's ears removed with a cheese grater.

---------------------

11. You will cease playing American football. There is only one kind of proper football; you call it soccer. Those of you brave enough will, in time, be allowed to play rugby (which has some similarities to American football, but does not involve stopping for a rest every twenty seconds or wearing full kevlar body armour like a bunch of nancies).

---------------------

12. Further, you will stop playing baseball. It is not reasonable to host an event called the World Series for a game which is not played outside of America. Since only 2.1% of you are aware there is a world beyond your borders, your error is understandable. You will learn cricket, and we will let you face the South Africans first to take the sting out of their deliveries.

--------------------

13.. You must tell us who killed JFK. It's been driving us mad.

-----------------

14. An internal revenue agent (i.e. tax collector) from Her Majesty's Government will be with you shortly to ensure the acquisition of all monies due (backdated to 1776).

---------------

15. Daily Tea Time begins promptly at 4 p.m. with proper cups, with saucers, and never mugs, with high quality biscuits (cookies) and cakes; plus strawberries (with cream) when in season.

God Save the Queen!

PS: Only share this with friends who have a good sense of humour (NOT humor)!
Did it really tell you to do THAT on the packet?

devonbarmygardener

• I live, therefore I garden!
« Reply #2551 on: March 09, 2014, 08:47 »
 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wow! Are your fingers worn out DD! :lol:

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
« Reply #2552 on: March 09, 2014, 15:25 »
Not really.

Had the help of my two friends. Mr Copy and Mrs Paste!  :lol:

Tenhens

• freedom lodge for tenhens ex battery 1 year on
« Reply #2553 on: March 10, 2014, 21:35 »
Saw this during the afternoon and thought 'will read this later'   Excellent!
we also rescue rabbits and guinea pigs, grow own veg

rogerbodger

« Reply #2554 on: March 17, 2014, 07:56 »
I was talking to a Chinese fella at work the other day, he said he was opening a crows shop.

A "clothes shop" I asked him, no he says it's a crows shop!

Come in and have a rook.

Asherweef

« Reply #2555 on: March 17, 2014, 09:04 »
I was talking to a Chinese fella at work the other day, he said he was opening a crows shop.

A "clothes shop" I asked him, no he says it's a crows shop!

Come in and have a rook.

This is going down as a favourite!

Growster...

« Reply #2556 on: March 18, 2014, 13:12 »

A SPANISH Teacher was explaining to her class that in Spanish, unlike English, nouns are designated as either masculine or feminine.

'House' for instance, is feminine: 'la casa.'
'Pencil,' however, is masculine  : 'el lapiz.'

A student asked, 'What gender is 'computer'?'

Instead of giving the answer, the teacher split the class into two groups, male and female, and asked them to decide for themselves whether computer' should be a masculine or a feminine noun.
Each group was asked to give four reasons for its recommendation.

The men's group decided that 'computer' should definitely be of the feminine gender ('la computadora'), because:

1. No one but their creator understands their internal logic;

2 The native language they use to communicate with other computers is incomprehensible to everyone else;

3. Even the smallest mistakes are stored in long term memory for possible later retrieval; and

4. As soon as you make a commitment to one, you find yourself
spending half your paycheck on accessories for it.

(THIS GETS BETTER!)

The women's group, however, concluded that computers should be Masculine ('el computador'), because:

1. In order to do anything with them, you have to turn them on;

2. They have a lot of data but still can't think for themselves;

3. They are supposed to help you solve problems, but half the time they ARE the problem; and

4. As soon as you commit to one, you realize that if you had waited a little longer, you could have got a better model.

The women won.
Send this to all the smart women you know...and all the men that have a sense of humour.

snowdrops

« Reply #2557 on: March 18, 2014, 14:24 »
I like it Mr G :lol:
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Trillium

« Reply #2558 on: March 21, 2014, 14:13 »
Inconclusive travel plans for 2014

I have been in many places, but I've never been in Cahoots. Apparently, you can't go alone. You have to be in Cahoots with someone.
I've also never been in Cognito. I hear no one recognizes you there.
I have, however, been in Sane. They don't have an airport; you have to be driven there. I have made several trips there, thanks to my friends, family and work.
I would like to go to Conclusions, but you have to jump, and I'm not too much on physical activity anymore.

I have also been in Doubt. That is a sad place to go, and I try not to visit there too often.
I've been in Flexible, but only when it was very important to stand firm.
Sometimes I'm in Capable, and I go there more often as I'm getting older.
One of my favorite places to be is in Suspense! It really gets the adrenalin flowing and pumps up the old heart! At my age I need all the stimuli I can get!
And, sometimes I think I am in Vincible but life shows me I am not.
People keep telling me I'm in Denial but I'm positive I've never been there before!
I may have been in Continent, but I don't remember what country I was in. It's an age thing. They tell me it is very wet and damp there.

I have been in Deepsh*t many times; the older I get, the easier it is to get there.

Goosegirl

« Reply #2559 on: March 21, 2014, 14:52 »
 :lol: :lol: :lol: I, too, have various experiences to share on this theme as I have been to:
Incommunicado - I don't know where it was but it was an extremely peaceful place.
Flippin' fed up - it's a new-fangled diet thing when you either eat or you don't - either way, nothing works.
Going nowhere - I thought it was a firm specializing in mystery tours which left the "k" out of nowhere and told you at the last minute where you were bound for, but no - they didn't turn up and I was left in the same place where I started out from.

I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Sparkyrog

« Reply #2560 on: March 21, 2014, 17:05 »
Inconclusive travel plans for 2014

I have been in many places, but I've never been in Cahoots. Apparently, you can't go alone. You have to be in Cahoots with someone.
I've also never been in Cognito. I hear no one recognizes you there.
I have, however, been in Sane. They don't have an airport; you have to be driven there. I have made several trips there, thanks to my friends, family and work.
I would like to go to Conclusions, but you have to jump, and I'm not too much on physical activity anymore.

I have also been in Doubt. That is a sad place to go, and I try not to visit there too often.
I've been in Flexible, but only when it was very important to stand firm.
Sometimes I'm in Capable, and I go there more often as I'm getting older.
One of my favorite places to be is in Suspense! It really gets the adrenalin flowing and pumps up the old heart! At my age I need all the stimuli I can get!
And, sometimes I think I am in Vincible but life shows me I am not.
People keep telling me I'm in Denial but I'm positive I've never been there before!
I may have been in Continent, but I don't remember what country I was in. It's an age thing. They tell me it is very wet and damp there.

I have been in Deepsh*t many times; the older I get, the easier it is to get there.
mailed to all my friends  :lol:
I cook therefore I grow

dugless

« Reply #2561 on: March 28, 2014, 07:50 »
A man and his wife were having some problems at home 
and were giving each other the silent treatment. 

Suddenly the man realized that the next day he would need his wife
to wake him at 5:00 AM for an early morning business flight. 

Not wanting to be the first to break the silence (and LOSE), he wrote on a piece  of paper,'Please wake me at 5:00 AM.'
He left it where he knew she would find it. 

The next morning the man woke up, only to discover it 
was 9:00 AM and he had missed his flight.

Furious, he was about to go to see why his wife hadn't wakened him when he 
noticed a piece of paper by the bed.   The paper said, 'It is 5:00 AM.  Wake up.'

Men are not equipped for these kinds of contests.
Time is more precious than Gold
Spend it Wisely

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2562 on: March 28, 2014, 08:41 »
 :lol: :lol: Good'un !

dugless

« Reply #2563 on: March 28, 2014, 13:41 »

I  have a little Satnav

I have a little Satnav
It sits there in my car
A Satnav is a driver's friend
It tells you where you are

I have a little Satnav
I've had it all my life
It's better than the normal ones
My Satnav is my wife

It gives me full instructions
Especially how to drive
"It's thirty miles an hour", it says
"You're doing thirty five"
It tells me when to stop and start
And when to use the brake
And tells me that it's never ever
Safe to overtake
It tells me when a light is red
And when it goes to green
It seems to know instinctively
Just when to intervene

It lists the vehicles just in front
And all those to the rear
And taking this into account
It specifies my gear.
I'm sure no other driver
Has so helpful a device
For when we leave and lock the car
It still gives its advice
It fills me up with counseling
Each journey's pretty fraught
So why don't I exchange it
And get a quieter sort?

Ah well, you see, it cleans the house,
Makes sure I'm properly fed,
It washes all my shirts and things
And keeps me warm in bed!
Despite all these advantages
And my tendency to scoff,
I only wish that now and then
I could turn the * off!

Sparkyrog

« Reply #2564 on: March 28, 2014, 17:21 »
Classic and OH so true  :lol: :lol:

xx
give us our daily bread

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

18 Replies
Last post March 13, 2022, 09:54
by lettice
xx
Deliveries? You're having a laugh!

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

11 Replies
Last post December 31, 2017, 19:23
by Christine
xx
laugh or cry .... you decide.

Started by Lardman on Chatting on the Plot

45 Replies
Last post January 16, 2019, 13:26
by Goosegirl
xx
A funny mis-read.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

1 Replies
Last post November 03, 2023, 17:44
by wighty

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 51 queries.