Today I'm going to ...

• 261 Replies

mrs bouquet

Re: Today I'm going to ...
« Reply #225 on: May 12, 2020, 16:44 »
Total deep cleanse of the bathroom.   Washing on line.   Lugged plants/veg about.   Swept up debris from the very high winds.  Cut grass and done beautiful edges.  Had a couple of nice on-line chatters.   Going to get washing in now and then think about watering.  Oh, and eating I suppose  :unsure:  Mrs B
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

WeavingGryphon

« Reply #226 on: May 13, 2020, 09:49 »
I was going to put the laundry out but it just started to hail. I am completely unimpressed.

Well since I treated the counters in the kitchen and they are still tacky and unusable that means I'm going to sit in my stinky house and feel grumpy until they dry and the hail sods off.

Yesterday we made a batch of John's raspberry (our frozen raspberries) wine which is bubbling away to itself very happily, I made 2 loaves of bread in the slow cooker. One white one wholemeal and we have fish out for the tea. Or pizza. I just need to make sure there is no bluuping of sauce onto the units. I'm going to try and find a good recipe to cure a pork shoulder for tomorrow.

snowdrops

« Reply #227 on: May 13, 2020, 11:35 »
Shift this, or at least make a start, some for the garden & some to the plot. Plot is 5 or so minutes away, garden I have to go up 4 steps to the lawn area & then another 2 to the top border & chuck it over the raised bed wall. Maybe get need a lay down later.lol
1BBF191F-348D-44FC-8881-C061926E7A78.jpeg
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Growster...

« Reply #228 on: May 13, 2020, 15:27 »
Looks like fab stuff there, Snows!

Must move it before it rains and gets wet, or laydowns may be for worse reasons...:0~

dugless

« Reply #229 on: May 13, 2020, 16:47 »
Shift this, or at least make a start, some for the garden & some to the plot. Plot is 5 or so minutes away, garden I have to go up 4 steps to the lawn area & then another 2 to the top border & chuck it over the raised bed wall. Maybe get need a lay down later.lol
You are going to be busy with that lot.
Time is more precious than Gold
Spend it Wisely

snowdrops

« Reply #230 on: May 13, 2020, 16:51 »
Not much left now, i found it was better to fill tub trugs & barrow them into the garden & then climb into the borders to tip them out, looks like a Chelsea show garden now lol...in my dreams  :lol:

MrsPea

« Reply #231 on: May 15, 2020, 08:17 »
Today i'm going baking then i'm going to have a quite weekend i hope  :)
I Love my green house

dugless

« Reply #232 on: May 15, 2020, 19:52 »
Great progress with the the raised bed started to fill in all that are built as I need it to settle before planting  I can Finnish the build as I find the time.

robinahood

• Experienced Member
« Reply #233 on: May 17, 2020, 05:36 »
Looking forward to finally getting some of the tender plants into the greenhouse/polytunnel. Happy days... also I might need a nap or two as neighbours son seems to come to life just when I go to bed and neither he nor his computer appear to have a volume control!!!

GraciesGran

« Reply #234 on: May 17, 2020, 07:15 »
Just walked the dog, got some ironing to do (probably not).  Lawn needs to be mowed, and some weeding done.  sow some runner and French beans, pick some rhubarb.  Perhaps sit in garden with some lunch and a glass of wine.  Today's the feel of a 'pottering' day. 

Growster...

« Reply #235 on: May 17, 2020, 07:25 »
...pop the beans in everywhere, and dig out a wide edge for the sunflowers...

Also, start the hanging baskets, pot on some nasturtiums and look forward to a beer at noon...

MrsPea

« Reply #236 on: May 17, 2020, 08:30 »
Today were going to move tomatoes out under lid for there growing time as they've been hardened of for the last week or so also to give everything a good soaking with hose  :)

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #237 on: May 17, 2020, 09:31 »
Yesterday was a big tidy up session at home for the front garden and greenhouse.   Tender plants now mostly out of the house and in the greenhouse to grow on.

Today is plot tidy and then cook a roast dinner  :)

Christine

« Reply #238 on: May 17, 2020, 12:46 »
I decided to get the courgettes, butternuts, pumpkins, aubergines, peppers out into the greenhouse before I awarded myself breakfast as it was nicely warm enough for them even though it was early. 

I'm having a break from tidying up kitchen cupboards and working on what I fancy cooking for the week. I've not had any nasty surprises. Except that I'm not sure I'm making the best use of some of the space.

LandShark

• Experienced Member
« Reply #239 on: May 17, 2020, 14:05 »
So far I've tidied, hoovered and walked the dog before the rest of the house rolled out of bed. Face painted son to look like a husky (??)and escaped outside!
Thankfully it's raining so I didn't need to water, instead I hid in the polytunnel trying to get it better organised. Potted up a few flowering pots to dot round the place.
This afternoon I'm going to pot on the Tomatoes and cucumbers, sow more lettuce seeds and prick out pots of sweet William and Aubretia.

xx
But today got better !!

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post May 05, 2018, 19:00
by grinling
xx
I am very unsettled today because ....

10 Replies
Last post September 02, 2020, 22:53
by jezza
xx
Ten years ago today ...

3 Replies
Last post December 17, 2018, 12:31
by Goosegirl
xx
Another Scam Today ...

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

33 Replies
Last post May 03, 2020, 18:43
by Christine

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 50 queries.