Today I'm going to ...

• 261 Replies

WeavingGryphon

Re: Today I'm going to ...
« Reply #180 on: May 03, 2020, 10:13 »
I have hurt my leg so rest up and stare at seedlings.

snowdrops

« Reply #181 on: May 03, 2020, 15:24 »
Finish pricking out the rest of the tomatoes ✔️ Prick out peppers✔️ Report some house plants✔️ Relax a bit  now we’re back to just the 2 of us, enjoy the peace & quiet✔️Miss the grandchildren even though they’ve only just gone✔️✔️
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

dugless

« Reply #182 on: May 03, 2020, 18:16 »
I completed the patio outside the shed at the bottom of the garden, now for the raised bed.
Time is more precious than Gold
Spend it Wisely

Christine

« Reply #183 on: May 03, 2020, 18:37 »
Lazy day in the back garden doing a bit of tidying up and raking of moss out of the lawn. Come Friday might just do some more of that raking (day off the allotment as it's a bank holiday).  It's a reaction to having to clear a messy corner on allotment number 2.

WeavingGryphon

« Reply #184 on: May 04, 2020, 08:24 »
So much for resting the leg up. I also slept funny so it's so sore. Painkillers full steam ahead.

Today is finish the hallway.

Yesterday I got bored and pulled out a sofa and bookcase and hoovered under them, then wiped the skirting board. So while I was enjoying a clean skirting board I decided to wipe the skirting boards and wall down in the hallway. The paint is emulsion so it's conversion from nasty ice white to peach continued. It's a textured wallpaper with roses on so the high bits were peach and fading down to ice white with some grey. It was hideous. Did you see the tense change there?

The hall is now antique cream, the same colour as the 5L tin we had in the garage.
I roped the Husband initially to do the small bit at the bottom of the stairs. But now 3/4 of the entire hallway is done. Downstairs from the kitchen door to the front door, across above the front door, above and below the window next to the door. then right up to the stairs to the landing. As well as above the banister on the other side and that bit on the other wall downstairs where youngest indulged in permanent pen. It's a U shape with one long side and a tiny bit inwards from the long side for the hallway upstairs, and we've done the outside of the long side of the entire shape, plus the top 3/4 of the inside of the long side. I'll try and recreate it using the keyboard. Long bit is the stairs, we've done the entire outer surface of that shape.

_
I
I   I
I__I

We have to take the roller over the whole bottom that I brush painted because as it was plastered very roughly. There's brush work up the big wall surface to get the bits we missed, thank you textured flowery wallpaper from the 80s that no one removed. There's a small amount to be done in the top hallway as well, we're leaving one wall because it needs some repair work to retouch the plaster after a leak. That wasn't us, the landlord did that, but we will have enough paint to leave for to do that wall. And repaint future scuffs. Under the radiator wasn't painted (...!?) so we did that as well.

It's also emulsion, but it's not our house so we stuck with the theme. Also used what we owned which was handy. To be honest, it looks so much nicer than ice white pith peach highlights in places with marks that you couldn't get off. Being such a pale shade of cream it's not that much different. Other than lacking scuffs not not glaring. The landlord won't care, he's said as much in the past about a bit upstairs in the kids room.

We're thinking about painting the banisters, windowsill and skirting boards.

Why does emulsion exist? I couldn't wipe the wall to get rid of dust and whatever the marks were there beforehand, I still can't, but the big nasty marks are gone. Also the wall isn't a hideous ice white so bonus.

Today.
Ban children from the hallway between the livingroom to the kitchen. Take everything off the coat rack, put it outside and give it a good wipe down. Put the antique table in the livingroom. wipe it and the wall down as well then paint/roller it. Maybe a polish for the table. Roller the rough plasterboard downstairs, the white wall, brush and mop, paint upstairs and the bit below the banister to finish off the stairs. Paint around the doors upstairs. Much more fiddly.

Open the windows. Yesterday got a bit woozy.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 08:29 by WeavingGryphon »

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #185 on: May 04, 2020, 08:26 »
As little as possible.
Wife at work  ;) did chores yesterday etc.
Oh and the sun is owt :)
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

Kleftiwallah

« Reply #186 on: May 04, 2020, 09:31 »

Tidy out/up the garden shed! ! ! !

Cheers,  Tony.
::)
I may be growing OLD, but I refuse to grow UP !

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #187 on: May 04, 2020, 10:17 »
Off to work later, but the inside chores are done.  I’m off outside to water the pots and the greenhouse.  Then the seeds may come out as I planted out loads yesterday and have greenhouse space going begging  :D

LandShark

• Experienced Member
« Reply #188 on: May 04, 2020, 11:08 »
I've already hoovered, cleaned and hung out 2 washes with a 3rd in the machine. I'll take the dog and child a walk with the hope of tiring them both out so I can get peace to sow more seeds. OH is finishing off the flooring in the kitchen just the beading to do ( which I painted yesterday), he's promised he'll be finished all the Kitchen by Friday!

chillimummy

« Reply #189 on: May 04, 2020, 11:21 »
Have a trip to allotment to weed potato and onion beds.
Quick visit yesterday to drop off bricks to edge paths and noticed weeds popping up  ;)
No sign of any potatoes through though  :lol:
Will plant some tomatoes in greenhouse.  Cleared half ready so 3 grow bags in.
Rest to plant when cleared rest of greenhouse.
Seeds sown at plot are a no show or eaten  :(
Sowed carrots,  red and orange beetroot and parsnips and turnips.
Will sow some at home to plant out.
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Any Comments ? :
http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?board=38.0

MrsPea

« Reply #190 on: May 04, 2020, 18:35 »
I did a lot of clearing B---dy  bluebells, when we moved here they were every where, i now allow just a few any way all the foliage has gone as tip coming tomorrow, i then did all the edges to the lawn just to make it look better. :)
I Love my green house

dugless

« Reply #191 on: May 05, 2020, 08:52 »
I found my camera so will take a few snaps now so I can do a before and after

WeavingGryphon

« Reply #192 on: May 05, 2020, 13:58 »
Okay, didn't paint yesterday, roller wasn't dry.

Today, Plant
Fill up the mint planter with mintsTICK. Fill up the mint planter with the old compost TICK, add some manure TICK and NPK. TICK
Raspberries.  TICK
Rhubarb the Husband just got given  TICK . Except to 2 to go to Husband's friend.

Today, repot
Squash, half manure. TICK
The mulberry TICK
Onions, some thereof
salad leaves TICK

Harden off
That rubbish pea planted out, or harden it off.

Water the pot plants TICK

Get stones out of the front border TICK and replant  TICK .

Slug hunt under the cardboard with the Ho-Mi.

Find my kindle TICK so I can look up how to make something fruity and alcoholic with this dark rum. Where is it now?

Photo for MIL of the kids  TICK
Send it.

All the laundry. Strip the beds, washed  TICK, dried, folded and away. Or keep the away for the child who wins the "And why didn't you do as you were told award?" to help with.

Coats, sort, wash and winter items away. Thin the coat rack.

Prepare for more painting.

Don't overdo it.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 17:47 by WeavingGryphon »

Christine

« Reply #193 on: May 05, 2020, 16:11 »
Plan to sit back for the rest of the day, read a book and plan for the essentials that need doing down the plots tomorrow.

I've spent the lock down running round chasing my tail and trying not to be bored. Well I'm knackered and could do with a rest. So from now till Monday is rest and relax and do the minimum required. Maybe even sit in the sun and observe my kingdom which will soon be full of produce.

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #194 on: May 05, 2020, 17:07 »
Started brewing rhubarb wine  :D

xx
But today got better !!

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post May 05, 2018, 19:00
by grinling
xx
Today's Bargain?

Started by Elaine G on Chatting on the Plot

8 Replies
Last post November 13, 2018, 15:59
by JayG
xx
44 years today!

Started by Kleftiwallah on Chatting on the Plot

7 Replies
Last post November 09, 2023, 20:21
by Yorkie
xx
A sad milestone today

Started by Subversive_plot on Chatting on the Plot

19 Replies
Last post February 25, 2021, 21:15
by snowdrops

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 49 queries.