Today I'm going to ...

• 261 Replies

MrsPea

Re: Today I'm going to ...
« Reply #135 on: April 24, 2020, 18:36 »
The other day our neighbor gave me some banana's 'HELP' what was i going to do with them having all ready brought some. I decided to make a Banana cake never done it before it was lovely so moist, Not much left   :)
Banana Cake.jpg
I Love my green house

dugless

« Reply #136 on: April 24, 2020, 19:48 »
Carried on lying the slabs I am stuck now, run out of 2x2s only got 3x2 and they re too heavy for me, I think if I can  lift my large hand grinder I will cut them down to 2x2 otherwise will need to source some 2x2.Found my camera today batteries flat I will post some photos tomorrow.
Time is more precious than Gold
Spend it Wisely

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #137 on: April 24, 2020, 23:47 »
Exciting day coming! We're going to far off Bangor (10 miles away) for a click and collect at the supermarket. Not done this before.. got disposable gloves at the ready. Must get up early and check the car's oil, tyre pressures and so forth. Print out a map on Mr Google in case I can't remember how to get there.
Nearly forgot, we'll need sandwiches and a flask for the journey.
I don't think I'll sleep tonight :)
And if we feel really brave and the car park at Home Bargains looks empty-ish then we might pick up some compost on the way home. It's used to be outside so I can flash in, wave a card at the machine and run back out to load them into the car. They're 40 litre bags so my back can handle them.
After weeks of going no further than the post box, it's going to be very strange.
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #138 on: April 25, 2020, 10:35 »
Not half as exciting here  :lol:

I’m off to work later, but am potting on cabbage and sweet corn, plus setting squash seeds off.

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #139 on: April 25, 2020, 11:01 »
My cup runneth over! Now I'm glued to the screen watching the progress of Keith from DPD. We're No 56 and he's currently delivering No 11 12 now :)

Blackpool rocket

« Reply #140 on: April 25, 2020, 11:07 »
Did you get your compost? I managed to pick some up from B & Q  on Tuesday.
Today will be spent replacing the brake pads on the workhorse.
Should only take an hour, for someone who knows what they're doing, so it could cut across lunch, and afternoon tea  :lol: :lol:

mrs bouquet

« Reply #141 on: April 25, 2020, 12:17 »
Keep moving a few pots around the garden trying to make up my mind where I like them best.  Cut the lawn edges.    Mooch around the garden, wishing I could find a man to rebuild my greenhouse.  Overslept today, so I am off now for breakfast  ::)  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

MrsPea

« Reply #142 on: April 25, 2020, 15:04 »
Been busy this morning also doing lawn edges as OH mowed the lawn first thing I then decided to go round dead heading tiding up in general out the front.
Sow my bean seeds this afternoon runner and french. :)

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #143 on: April 25, 2020, 15:43 »
We survived the massive trek to the far off metropolis of Bangor. Drove up, opened the boot and a nice young lady put the bags in there for us. Could not have been easier or safer - certainly as safe as having something delivered. Only time I've enjoyed food shopping :)
Drove into the Home Bargain car park which was surprisingly busy, so straight back home without getting out. Didn't even need my disposable gloves - although I put them on when we pulled up. Up to the polytunnel after I've had a cuppa to recover from the excitement of it all.
Being serious, amazed how many people were at the shops. Not just Tesco but others also had lots more cars in the car parks than I expected to see. Noticed how cheap fuel was .. now we're not using it much. Typical.

GraciesGran

« Reply #144 on: April 25, 2020, 15:50 »
I went to work!!!!  Do bookkeeping on an ad-hoc basis, the boss phones me when it piles up, works out to be about a day every three weeks.  Can't complain, refreshments provided, today s lunch was smoked salmon sandwiches and he gave me the wine to bring home.  Now I'm going to sit in the sun and share it with OH who has mowed the grass and hung the washing out.

Growster...

« Reply #145 on: April 25, 2020, 17:45 »
...feel pretty good, as our local pub, https://theeight-bells.co.uk/ re-started doing take-aways at weekends, and their fish and chips are second to none! All as expected, with a smile and a welcome!

Also, James and Annie sell some decent beer in a 'Growler' - four pints, so it'll keep me going for - oooooh, about an hour or three...

WeavingGryphon

« Reply #146 on: April 25, 2020, 18:13 »
Today I want to find out why me Husband and me Husband's car are missing. Me Eldest is also missing.  :dry:  ::). Windows cleaned and doors washed. Need to water pot plants and make more bread. We ate everything. Besides loaf Nessie's head.

Growster...

« Reply #147 on: April 25, 2020, 18:33 »
Today I want to find out why me Husband and me Husband's car are missing. Me Eldest is also missing.  :dry:  ::). Windows cleaned and doors washed. Need to water pot plants and make more bread. We ate everything. Besides loaf Nessie's head.

Weavers, it's your fanatic work on bread-making which has started us going again, with lots of rolls already done, and many more in the offing!

I dunno what it is about bread-baking, but the result always brings out the best in chums here!

Keep going!

dugless

« Reply #148 on: April 25, 2020, 19:02 »
Move from the front garden 300 Imperial size bricks left over from the conservatory extension

GraciesGran

« Reply #149 on: April 26, 2020, 09:27 »
Tidy the shed.

xx
But today got better !!

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post May 05, 2018, 19:00
by grinling
xx
This has made me so sad today.

Started by Aidy on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post December 13, 2018, 15:04
by Aidy
xx
How windy is it where you are today?

Started by JayG on Chatting on the Plot

10 Replies
Last post June 16, 2018, 10:33
by 8doubles
xx
I am very unsettled today because ....

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

10 Replies
Last post September 02, 2020, 22:53
by jezza

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 55 queries.