Today I'm going to ...

• 261 Replies

wighty

Re: Today I'm going to ...
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2020, 16:43 »
The side gate and all front fences are now painted, and four in the back garden are done.  Instead of working one or two days a week in our shop I've moved  to three and it looks like a full week next week.  We are a hardware shop  and at the moment are struggling to keep up with demand for paint especially.  We even sold a pair of garden shears today that have been here for fifteen years!!!!

WeavingGryphon

« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2020, 19:47 »
Today I am also going to do some weeding and then apply manure to the beds.
I will brush up the seeds the sparrows don't like and put them under a hedge because some bird will like them.

So far I edged the border, weeded, Husband added the manure and we "mulched" with some moss I used the 3 tine cultivator to drag out of the "lawn". We filled a knee high trug and a 2x2x2 1/2 foot box to take up to the allotment with the effort from today and moss rakings I did a few days ago. So I am pleased.
I also did the edging cut for the other bed. But Husband wasn't impressed as it wasn't straight but I'm planning on widening it so no worries. He'll get his stick out, make sure it's straight and wave it about until it's pointing in the right direction and look all impressed with himself.

WeavingGryphon

« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2020, 09:03 »
Today I'm going to continue weeding another bed, pot up my Charlotte Russe mulberry bushes and Cherry bomb chillies- in the pink pots. I'll also grump about my misters not being here. GGGGGRRRRRRR

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2020, 09:10 »
Can you re-purpose a spray bottle that had something else in WG? 

I'm off to work later, but am going to check the greenhouse and cold frame seedlings, let the chickens out for a bit and generally potter about outside while the sun is out.

WeavingGryphon

« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2020, 09:22 »
Can you re-purpose a spray bottle that had something else in WG? 

I'm off to work later, but am going to check the greenhouse and cold frame seedlings, let the chickens out for a bit and generally potter about outside while the sun is out.

Most have had some sort of cleaner in them unfortunately. Found out that there's been a Corona outbreak in the warehouse so it's stuck until the place has been deep cleaned. Annoyingly the supermarket has some, but the reviews say that they break within a few weeks.

Could you possibly add post pictures of chickens on the blog to your to do list?
I love chickens, they are so much fun, total characters.  :D What type are yours? I used to have Rhode Island Red pet choocks before I moved up here.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2020, 09:26 »
Yesterday I moved the Norfolk plastic greenhouse to the other side of the garden. I've lost a bit more of the lawn, but it's doubled  the size of my garden veg-bed.I have to fix it down to the wooden bearers today, and clean it. That's one job I hate - but needs must ;)
Bags of Wickes manure and some compost being delivered sometime today, so even if I do stop going to the allotment, there'll be somewhere to grow some veg!

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2020, 09:36 »
Could you possibly add post pictures of chickens on the blog to your to do list?
I love chickens, they are so much fun, total characters.  :D What type are yours? I used to have Rhode Island Red pet choocks before I moved up here.

Will do  :D  I'll try and do a biog post with piccies.  I've been a bit mobbed with hours at job no. 2, but have tomorrow off.  Crosses fingers and toes  :lol:

With the cleaner bottles, rinse well three times, then test spray something you don't value with water.  If it doesn't keel over within a few days I reckon you are in business  ;)

WeavingGryphon

« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2020, 17:41 »
Will do  :D  I'll try and do a biog post with piccies.  I've been a bit mobbed with hours at job no. 2, but have tomorrow off.  Crosses fingers and toes  :lol:

With the cleaner bottles, rinse well three times, then test spray something you don't value with water.  If it doesn't keel over within a few days I reckon you are in business  ;)

Thank you so much.

According to the website we'll get the misters tommorrow before 8pm. So we'll see how that goes.

Today I'm going to continue weeding another bed, pot up my Charlotte Russe mulberry bushes and Cherry bomb chillies- in the pink pots. I'll also grump about my misters not being here. GGGGGRRRRRRR

Gale force winds so nothing was done today. I couldn't even edge a border because I was blown over, I'm no feather weight. Well I cleaned and rearranged a pair of cupboards and folded laundry. But that's not sorting out my plants is it? I did volunteer to weed the In laws border.

Well we pulled up one of my rescue blackcurrants that wasn't showing a sign of reviving, it's two mates on each side, new branches up, doing well and making us happy to see them progress. This one looked dead so Husband pulled it up and found the roots were horrible. Grey and covered in disgusting slime. Massive slugs everywhere and loads of slug eggs. Which was distressing as I've been feeding it the cooked vegetable water and sat out with them last summer enjoying the weather beside it. So I poured boiling water into the root hole to kill the eggs, put the blackcurrant into water and I stabbed the slugs with my Ho-Mi. We'll plant the spare where-will-we-put-this-blackcurrant? in it's place.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 17:42 by WeavingGryphon »

GraciesGran

« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2020, 07:44 »
I m going to walk to the shop with the dog to get milk and bread.  If we go her favourite way it's about 2 miles.  Then I'm off to my sons allotment.  He is one of the many exhausted keyworker brigade and I have agreed to do some work on his plot.  Today I'm planting some spuds and a couple of rhubarb crowns.  I  will probably give his shed a clean/tidy as well.  My plan is to get it ready, and keep it tidy so that when he has time to visit its not a total bomb site.  Half an hour on the dreaded sampler this afternoon. 

So those days when I thought it would be lovely to just sit and read -now I can I don't want to!

WeavingGryphon

« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2020, 09:24 »
Today is a big walk for the kids and then some potting up for the chillies. More edging, weeding and feeding the borders.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2020, 21:16 »
Yesterday, my "I'm going to..." was watch One Man Two Guvnors on YouTube from the National Theatre at Home.  Absolutely brilliant and is available for another 6 days.  Then next week it's Jane Eyre.

Today, my "I'm going to..." was watch Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat on YouTube on The Show Must Go On channel.  Available for 48 hours.  Is it so very wrong that I'm a little in lust with Donny Osmond from 1999?!  :lol:
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

WeavingGryphon

« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2020, 07:40 »
Canker trim.
Maybe plant some pickling onion seeds since there is no frost or hail for the past hour.

Christine

« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2020, 08:15 »
Today it's edging up plot borders and weeding. So romantic.

johnjsdb

• Experienced Member
« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2020, 08:44 »
wash the car

snowdrops

« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2020, 15:51 »
Make some pastry as I’ve had a request for mince pies
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

xx
But today got better !!

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post May 05, 2018, 19:00
by grinling
xx
This has made me so sad today.

Started by Aidy on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post December 13, 2018, 15:04
by Aidy
xx
How windy is it where you are today?

Started by JayG on Chatting on the Plot

10 Replies
Last post June 16, 2018, 10:33
by 8doubles
xx
I am very unsettled today because ....

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

10 Replies
Last post September 02, 2020, 22:53
by jezza

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 51 queries.