Today I'm going to ...

• 261 Replies

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Re: Today I'm going to ...
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2020, 23:51 »
How will that affect  your other job?

We have shut our business down for now, so hopefully all will be OK. If we can get going again, I will just have to fit that in around it ... somehow  :unsure:

Growster...

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2020, 07:24 »
...chip and saw all the garden rubbish which the council can't take away until further notice!

I don't mind at all, as our whole front garden and drive is made over to wild flowers and shrubs, and which only needs a layer of mulch or a three-monthly strim, so it's a win-win for me!

My only problem so far is to actually find the garden 'muncher'...

snowdrops

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2020, 07:35 »
How will that affect  your other job?

We have shut our business down for now, so hopefully all will be OK. If we can get going again, I will just have to fit that in around it ... somehow  :unsure:
Fingers crossed for you, at least you’ve got the 2nd job in these troubled times although that must be a worry toowith the nature of it
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

rowlandwells

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2020, 08:45 »
this morning depends on the weather outside planting a few plants for my mate at a safe distance then putting a few plants in a new raised bed i made yesterday

after lunch i think a couple hours in the potting shed

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2020, 09:25 »
... bake some sour dough loaves I made last night, cook some dhal for our lunch, potter in the garden with the chickens for an hour or so, then go to the plot this afternoon.

The sun is out but there is a chilly breeze.  I am going to wrap up and get out there anyway to make the most of it  :)

Christine

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2020, 09:43 »
1 Wait for the arrival of some garden stuff that will turn up in the next few days so that I can tidy up the home garden - garden centre is selling what it has by email as it can't open.
2 Wait for the greenhouse to be repaired - it needs polycarb going back in before I can use it.
3 Do some housework though how much you can make if there's one of you in a small bungalow
4 Maybe even make a cake for me

chillimummy

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2020, 10:38 »
go to the allotment this afternoon with OH to burn pile of rubbish hopefully not upsetting anyone  ;)
It is in the middle of a bed so stopping me digging it ready for brassicas.
Take a stake down for propping up an apple tree which fell over and thought it had died until saw lots of shoots on it  :)
Cut the grass at side of plot.
Have potatoes to plant but maybe another day.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Any Comments ? :
http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?board=38.0

snowdrops

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2020, 12:08 »
Finally sow some seeds  :lol:

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2020, 15:29 »
I'm having an easier day today as a lot of gardening has been done over the previous couple, plus it is freezing and blowing a gale out there.

So far, we have visited the workshop to catch up on a bit of paperwork for our business and I have fetched a paper for my neighbour and left it outside in our pre-arranged spot for deliveries.

Other than that, I am going to do a Sunday roast, but with chicken portions, plus do a bit of planning for the plot/seed sowing, now I have all the plot areas ready to go.  OH is studying YouTube videos on how to edit his home shot footage.  I may be a movie star yet - more likely the chickens will be though  :lol:

WeavingGryphon

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2020, 17:39 »
I was told that shops pick up stock for home delivery from the shelves and it was best to order early in the hay because the locusts hadn't gotten to everything yet.
I know Trashco pick home delivery orders overnight at the local warehouse.

Now you can tell I was not talking to Tescos employee. That is very interesting, seems more efficient.

WeavingGryphon

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2020, 17:41 »
Today, other than offering to take the local pensioner's grass clippings away to be composted I took some of our seedlings out of the propagator as they are too big. I need to pot some of them on, if it's not too cold. It's Baltic out there.

Growster...

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2020, 21:06 »
I never did the chipping - it was too damn cold...

So I cleared out the pantry shelves and floor and made a new shelf for all the panic buying - paaaaah...

Result! Enough dog food tins, some pasta we'd totally forgotten, a jelly sachet with the sell/by date 2016, a dust-pan and brush, a dirty old kick-step which will take a day to restore, and a few more items...

Life ain't easy, but sometimes more fun...

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2020, 09:09 »
Yesterday's plans got a bit interrupted by a quick visit to a vet with a neighbour's dog.  She is OK, but is suspected of snuffling up something she should not have in the garden.  She has been known to before and has made herself properly ill this time  ::)  A few days of antibiotics and a bland diet for you my girl !

Today ... go to work later, unless I get called in earlier.  OH registered as a temporary home delivery driver last week and has been asked to come in this morning, so who knows. 

I also have a shopping list texted to me by a neighbour to get while I am there.

Other than that, I am going to have a tidy up in the greenhouse (a.k.a. the greenhouse shuffle) and maybe sow some more seeds  :)  If I can magic up room  :unsure:  :lol:

snowdrops

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2020, 09:30 »
I’m going out into the wilderness to do some essential shopping as supplies in fresh stuff & dairy are running low!

WeavingGryphon

« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2020, 11:59 »
Today I have
1. got a new electric hand whisk-last one in the shop! It's a non essential so I don't know if they'll get more in, drivers are off or have more important things to deliver.

2. I've gone to a community orchard with the loppers and trimmed off all the cankerous branches I could reach. There's one bit I can't get to on my own. I need to take a knife to the rest of the patches so that'll be tomorrow's walk with the Husband.
3. Husband has gone to the Garden centre of choice and picked up the 6x chicken manure, 2x pellets for the allotment and other stuff for the garden. He's leaving it in the car park to preserve the safe distance, but he's lining the orders beside each other which is counter productive.
4. I caught the last neighbour and told her we'll take her grass clippings, veg and fruit peelings and she was happy to accept.
5. To do, I will take the exhausted compost and mix it with NPK and the 6x chicken manure for planting things out.
6. I will separate the seedlings into separate pots.
7. I will try and figure out what volume these pots are.
8. I will read up on chillies and find out do they like fertile compost or do they need to be treated mean. Maybe put them into their end pots. If anyone knows if I should gradually work them up pot size please tell
me.
9. Homework with Eldest.
10. Make rainbows
11. Modify to add, put the folded laundry away.
12. Pancakes. Omn nom nom nom.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 12:01 by WeavingGryphon »

xx
But today got better !!

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post May 05, 2018, 19:00
by grinling
xx
I am very unsettled today because ....

10 Replies
Last post September 02, 2020, 22:53
by jezza
xx
Ten years ago today ...

3 Replies
Last post December 17, 2018, 12:31
by Goosegirl
xx
Another Scam Today ...

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

33 Replies
Last post May 03, 2020, 18:43
by Christine

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 51 queries.