Today I'm going to ...

• 261 Replies

WeavingGryphon

Re: Today I'm going to ...
« Reply #75 on: April 09, 2020, 07:53 »
Take cardboard and water up the plot-we had too much garden waste to take up yesterday to have space in the boot.

Put in another two drills, one each. More if we're fit and the kids are happy.
Count how many drills need dug. Bring up clover seeds and see

In the house, pot up the squashes and whatever those things in the back right of the propagator that are getting big are. Talk to husband about lifting the turf to grow peas. Water the plants as well.

To bring, water, potatoes, juice for the kids.

LandShark

• Experienced Member
« Reply #76 on: April 09, 2020, 12:21 »
Brave the shops again !
I went this morning, saw the queue was along front of supermarket, all along the side and out to main road. So drove round car park to the next supermarket which was just as busy. So I thought I'll pop into the local shop for a few essentials only to find it was shut for cleaning!I
Oh well I suppose I can pass the time planting peas!

Christine

« Reply #77 on: April 09, 2020, 19:23 »
Now that I've recovered from a heavy bout of weeding under the miles of allotment hedges, I'm going to look forward to a day off the allotment tomorrow. Home needs some attention.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #78 on: April 10, 2020, 06:38 »
... have a day off  :D 

I've got no work, the garden to play in, the chickens to keep amused and a sunny day  :D  Sounds pretty perfick to me  :D

WeavingGryphon

« Reply #79 on: April 10, 2020, 07:53 »
Today I'm going to do what we should have done yesterday. One of the kid's after school activities teachers put on a class. It was amazing the effect it had on us. OMG there's someone out there who wants to contact us. Besides Boris and his Proxies telling us to stay in. It went well until Youngest tried to join in and Haka'd about in the background while I was "watching" him to keep him out of the livingroom. Aka chopping onions.

Take cardboard and water up the plot-we had too much garden waste to take up yesterday to have space in the boot.

Put in another two drills, one each. More if we're fit and the kids are happy.
Count how many drills need dug. Bring up clover seeds and see

In the house, pot up the squashes and whatever those things in the back right of the propagator that are getting big are. Talk to husband about lifting the turf to grow peas. Water the plants as well.

To bring, water, potatoes, juice for the kids.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 10:46 by WeavingGryphon »

LandShark

• Experienced Member
« Reply #80 on: April 10, 2020, 10:35 »
Take the dog and my 6yr old son a long walk round the country park (next to us), hopefully that tires them both out!
Plant the broad beans I managed to buy at the supermarket yesterday and plant more peas and salad crops. Then I need to move the nasturtiums I planted, my son loves eating nasturtiums and my small seedlings are being eyed up already. I also have more powerwashing to finish off.

Christine

« Reply #81 on: April 11, 2020, 08:40 »
Today I am NOT going to do this - mind it just shows how long it is since that garden was dug over.  :ohmy:

Growster...

« Reply #82 on: April 11, 2020, 12:29 »
Today I am NOT going to do this - mind it just shows how long it is since that garden was dug over.  :ohmy:

Love it, Christine!

Years ago, these cars were the starter-car of choice, and once one was seventeen, there was invariably a Ford Pop around to buy!

About then (1960s), there was one in the village which kept changing hands for £5, which meant that once one of the lads had driven it until he could afford to get a better car, he'd just sell it to a chum for the same price!

The pub where the whole village used to meet was also a breeding ground for 'Arfur Dalys', and a good chum even sold his Morris van for a pint of bitter!

Happy days...:0)

jezza

« Reply #83 on: April 11, 2020, 12:57 »
Going to strim an orchard down Kylie and Danni (chickens)can't see the cat that's stalking them  jezza

mrs bouquet

« Reply #84 on: April 11, 2020, 13:14 »
Not a lot.     Overdid it a bit yesterday.   Usual bad nights sleep, and eventually woke today at 10.30 AM  :ohmy:.     Today, I just feel tired and weary and not in the mood.   So that's that.    :)   Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

WeavingGryphon

« Reply #85 on: April 11, 2020, 17:33 »
Today we planned to go to the allotment and do what we were supposed to do yesterday (I was too sore) and day before (virtual class).

We did and we finished the digging plot and it's filled with potatoes! We watered and weeded.

We are going back once the Sheewee arrives because now just isn't fun. Husband is the only one of the 4 of us capable of keeping clean. Then it's to weed, to water and plant pickling onions between the furrows. We'll pickle them tiny before the potatoes get any height.

We may put cabbages in the bottom plot in front of the shed.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 18:09 by WeavingGryphon »

WeavingGryphon

« Reply #86 on: April 12, 2020, 07:34 »
Today I have a popped blister right in the middle of the palm of my hand so I'm going to pot up some of the plants and plant out my beans/peas into grow bags in the garden. Then I'm going for a walk with the kids.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #87 on: April 12, 2020, 08:39 »
I'm cooking a turkey, then popping to the plot to water some seedlings.  The turkey was a freebie from work - 'wrong' packaging.  It is a 5.2kg monster  :ohmy:  Guess we are eating that for a while then  :lol:

WeavingGryphon

« Reply #88 on: April 12, 2020, 08:51 »
Glad to see you had "put up more chicken stuff" on your To Do list yesterday. Thank you.

WeavingGryphon

« Reply #89 on: April 12, 2020, 08:52 »
Add to my To Do List, make buttermilk and then make some wheaten bread with it.

xx
But today got better !!

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post May 05, 2018, 19:00
by grinling
xx
How windy is it where you are today?

Started by JayG on Chatting on the Plot

10 Replies
Last post June 16, 2018, 10:33
by 8doubles
xx
I am very unsettled today because ....

10 Replies
Last post September 02, 2020, 22:53
by jezza
xx
Ten years ago today ...

3 Replies
Last post December 17, 2018, 12:31
by Goosegirl

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 51 queries.