Today I'm going to ...

• 261 Replies

WeavingGryphon

Re: Today I'm going to ...
« Reply #105 on: April 16, 2020, 08:53 »
Today have a long walk which I should have started over an hour ago but one of the children woke up and I don't like leaving them unattended. Husband was working on something late last night and is still asleep. Maybe weed the community allotment.

Poke the bread and try leave alone until it "rises".
Change the water in the fish tank, empting it into milk cartons and take up the plot and water the plants. That'll give them a boost. Still no rain and I'm still worried.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #106 on: April 16, 2020, 11:26 »
I am going to try and do something about the last plastic sack of rotted manure.   It was all stacked up last autumn and I didn't do it.    Now it is full of watery urine, which is running out and staining the patio.  So eventually I shall have to get that staining off.    Any advice what to use !!  Meanwhile I am not looking forward to this job, because it is so filthy, and it has really made my hand/wrist arthritis hurt.    So apart from that and a walk -  not a lot.    Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

WeavingGryphon

« Reply #107 on: April 16, 2020, 12:03 »
I am going to try and do something about the last plastic sack of rotted manure.   It was all stacked up last autumn and I didn't do it.    Now it is full of watery urine, which is running out and staining the patio.  So eventually I shall have to get that staining off.    Any advice what to use !!  Meanwhile I am not looking forward to this job, because it is so filthy, and it has really made my hand/wrist arthritis hurt.    So apart from that and a walk -  not a lot.    Mrs Bouquet

Don't risk your wrist, it's the start of the season and it's giving you long term problems. Pay a handyman or friend to do it for you. If I remember correctly you do the safe workmen list locally? It's maybe an hour's work so it won't cost you much.

Or even call past a man or woman in the street who likes gardening or DIY. Ask them for a hand, afree a price and spray the notes down before leaving them under a stone nearby. If a neighbour called past us for help the Husband would put his gloves on and I'd get the hoe out to give it a spread.
It'd be a diversion.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #108 on: April 16, 2020, 13:36 »
Those are wise words, but I have now finished it.   However I did put my wrist splints on with big rubber gloves over.    The patio is wash down and scrubbed, although it will need something else as it has stained.    My clothes are just spinning and I have scrubbed all the tools I used and my "Crocs", -oh, and my body.    What a relief to get that out of the way. :mellow:  .  Thank you for your advice WG, I know you are right.   Sometimes I forget my age etc, and think, no probs, I can do that   ::) ::)   Mrs Bouquet

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #109 on: April 17, 2020, 12:07 »
I’ve been cooking this morning, but I think I might sow some more tomatoes this afternoon. I reckon I can start the outdoor ones off.

Sweet corn can also get chitting on damp paper towel  :)

Growster...

« Reply #110 on: April 17, 2020, 12:34 »
My biggest ever fear, worse than a volcanic eruption, or a visit from men from Mars, is finding that our runner beans haven't germinated...

I have nightmares about this, as Mrs Growster has only a few addictions, but a decent crop of runners is an absolute must, on pain of excruciating torture and perpetual abuse..:0(

So I went out and sowed another back-up crop this morning, just to be on the safe side...

:o(

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #111 on: April 19, 2020, 09:28 »
The sweetcorn I set chitting a couple of days ago is already sprouting, so the first of them need potting up.  I am now looking at the bean packs and trying to stop myself  :lol:  I think another greenhouse reccy is needed to see what can be moved out to the cold frame and onto the plot. 

I also need to clean the chickens out and top up the fish tank water. 

WeavingGryphon

« Reply #112 on: April 19, 2020, 09:45 »
Try and figure out what to do with all the onions and plant those raspberries in the front.

Christine

« Reply #113 on: April 19, 2020, 10:20 »
Put the first of the courgettes and squash and pumpkins into small pots on a sunny window ledge at home. Maybe I will be energetic enough to finish washing the large tubs in the greenhouse ready for the tomatoes.

WeavingGryphon

« Reply #114 on: April 20, 2020, 15:24 »
Weed anywhere, sort out the front border and get the raspberries in, plant out the trough with beetroot and put the peas in a grow bag. Water.

Husband, get the trough planter, water up the allotment, water children.

dugless

« Reply #115 on: April 20, 2020, 17:15 »
After four years doing up this bungalow we bought from an old lady, I can now start clearing up and redesign  the garden I am struggling because I have now developed a back problem.
Time is more precious than Gold
Spend it Wisely

eliop

« Reply #116 on: April 20, 2020, 17:18 »
Take a picture, and identify, some of the weird mushrooms growing in the allotment manure heap. Pot on/plant out some of my seedlings.

Read a chapter of a book.

Make bagels.

Drink coffee

Growster...

« Reply #117 on: April 20, 2020, 20:56 »
This is a bit premature, but tomorrow, I'm going to...

Sow some spinach seeds, some rocket seeds, some radish seeds, some lettuce seeds, and generally look at the whole shebang with some more love and affection...

Our gorgeous chum at our fabulous local GC delivered some seeds to us on her way home, late this evening, having worked her socks off and dealt with online orders all day, and, at 6'8" we all had a lovely chat over the gate, as a good hug was just out of the question, sadly...

My Goodness, this whole scenario ain't arf changed things...

GraciesGran

« Reply #118 on: April 21, 2020, 07:02 »
I'm going shopping, have list from neighbour as well as mine.  On the way I will deliver some seeds to my son and loan him my garden sieve.

Then I'm going in the greenhouse to pot up my tomatoes.  As in previous years I have too many but this year some of the excess have been promised to neighbours.  I also want to sow some spinach and salad leaves.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #119 on: April 21, 2020, 11:35 »
Today I am making the chickens very happy. We get to take home the unsold stuff going out of date that day at work and yesterday was 2 punnets of strawberries and a bag of salad leaves.

The strawberries were a bit squishy here and there, so I have the good ones and the chucks are filling their boots with the rest. They got the salad leaves as well as they were a bit sad looking. Chucky heaven though  :)

More work looming soon but tomorrow I am free, so off to play on the plot  :D

xx
But today got better !!

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post May 05, 2018, 19:00
by grinling
xx
Today's Bargain?

Started by Elaine G on Chatting on the Plot

8 Replies
Last post November 13, 2018, 15:59
by JayG
xx
44 years today!

Started by Kleftiwallah on Chatting on the Plot

7 Replies
Last post November 09, 2023, 20:21
by Yorkie
xx
A sad milestone today

Started by Subversive_plot on Chatting on the Plot

19 Replies
Last post February 25, 2021, 21:15
by snowdrops

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 48 queries.