Back from My Cruise.

• 6 Replies

mrs bouquet

Back from My Cruise.
« on: August 21, 2019, 13:46 »
It was a bit rough again (but definitely not force 9/10 as last time !).  It did prevent us going into our first Port, because it was too rough for the transfer to the tenders.   I shall give that venue up now  ::).
Everybody on the ship was so kind and helpful to me, both staff and passengers.   I dined at a table for 8, and each evening they all included me in conversation.     I have decided that travelling alone is actually quite enjoyable, I did what I wanted, when I wanted and didn't have to confer with anybody about, shall we, shan't we.   I just did it.  I think I have become very comfortable in my own skin, and I like myself.
The staff where brilliant.  My profound deafness was to my advantage in some respects.   I boarded the liner before anybody else, I was taken by staff where I needed to be (if necessary) that was the "brass officers" and others. They also printed the Muster station drill and gave it to me, as I couldn't hear. The entertainment was brilliant as ever, and I found a really comfy lounge, (waiter service for a drink, mine is Schweppes Slimline tonic with 5 drops of Angostura Bitters.   People think I have Pink Gin)  No music, lovely ambience and interesting travellers to natter to, about stuff.
I had my fruit and yogurt breakfast, along with a couple of croissant and some cheese, and some other goodies  ::) ::)    I didn't eat lunch, because I found the afternoon teas were scrummy, hot tea cakes, and hot scones with cream and jam, and beautiful little cakes and pastries.    I had to eat them, it would have been rude not to, and the devil on my shoulder made me do it !!!   
As usual, I hope I made people laugh.   Coming back from trips, the scanner went off going through the security arch,  body search, nothing.   Next day it did it again,   especially at the top of my leg. "Oh my God, I have just thought it must be my hip replacement"  I said out loud, and the queue, just fell about laughing.     I don't know why the other one didn't do it, must be different material.
I have booked for next year in May and also 2021.
Well done P & O, I loved it.     Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

snowdrops

Re: Back from My Cruise.
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2019, 16:52 »
That sounds like the perfect solution for you Mrs B, sounds like you had a whale of a time  :lol:
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2019, 16:53 »
I'm glad you has such a good time, and they seated you at a table with others. The one thing I don't like about holidaying solo is eating alone. It seems so anti-social, somehow. I always found that group tours were a good way to avoid that as the groups tend to stick together.
You've found something that suits you, well done!

jaydig

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2019, 19:50 »
Lovely to hear that you enjoyed your cruise, Mrs B. and that you have more to look forward to.  At least next time you will anticipate the event with pleasure instead of being a little wary.  I always think it's a very brave thing to do, to go on holiday alone, and if we're ever aware that someone is travelling solo we try to include them in conversation when we can, and if they want it, of course. 

grinling

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2019, 22:30 »
Sounds wonderful, neighbours did a Daily Mail cruise to Iceland, they were one of the few who were virgin cruisers.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2019, 23:06 »
Well done Mrs B. Glad you had a lovely time.

oldgrunge

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2019, 20:44 »
So glad you enjoyed it Mrs. Bouquet. We' re about to do our first P&O cruise for 7 years. They are very good for the price.
We come from the earth, we return to the earth, and in between we garden.

xx
Daughters Cruise has now been cancelled.

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post March 12, 2020, 17:13
by grinling
xx
looking back

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

10 Replies
Last post January 11, 2021, 15:50
by rowlandwells
xx
Back in the day

Started by RubyRed on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post January 10, 2019, 03:13
by sunshineband
xx
They're back!

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Chatting on the Plot

5 Replies
Last post May 20, 2019, 12:28
by mrs bouquet

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 43 queries.