Back Job !

• 5 Replies

mrs bouquet

Back Job !
« on: December 11, 2018, 17:03 »
Got to be at the Hospital tomorrow at 8am.   Don't know what they are going to try now.  Nothing has worked so far.  I found an old letter dated 2006 from a Consultant to my GP about earlier treatment.  You'd think by now they would know what to do.   :wacko:   I had to go to Hospital this afternoon for a hand/wrist/thumb xrays, now had two jabs in that last week.   I felt like asking if I could check in early to save going home and then back again.  But it was so hot in there (everybody was peeling off layers of clothing), I decided to come home  :lol:   Maybe if they turned the heating down a degree or two, it might go some way toward cost cutting.   Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

AlaninCarlisle

Re: Back Job !
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 17:34 »
I was troubled with acute back pain for about twenty years. Had all kinds of treatment and physiotherapy but it kept returning until I started my own business. This relieved me of endless overseas plane journeys and carrying a heavy briefcase everywhere. The pain miraculously disappeared and I haven't felt it since 1996

mrs bouquet

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 17:32 »
Glad you are pain free now.   We never know what we are doing to our bodies.   I remember a physio lady saying to me many years ago. 'the trouble is we haven't been walking on two legs for long enough, maybe in a few milleniums, we will get used to walking upright'     regards   Mrs Bouquet

snowdrops

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 19:24 »
How did the hospital appointment go Mrs Bouquet?
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

mrs bouquet

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2018, 22:49 »
The Consultant told me that as its been going on since before 2006, it may be too late to improve it much.(I felt like asking him why something better hasn't been done over all that time - but as he was just going to operate I thought better not to   :D )
My hand is a completely black bruise from the canular.   But I have had things done which have been far far more painful over the years  The theatre was absolutely full of masked people, which is a bit intimidating, but they were all very kind.   First all my lower half was washed with something very cold, I think it was alcohol based, not sure.   I was laying on my stomach, and a special x-ray was done, and the anaesthetics went in.  The some dye was put in, the x-ray could then see it was correct.   Then he made a small cut, and did the rest.   All I could feel was a pushing sensation as the needle etc was administrating.

The funny thing was, while I was waiting in my cubicle, I manicured my nails.  When my arms were on the table,  a nurse who was holding my arm/hand, said, 'oh what lovely nails you've got'   then I laughed and relaxed and so it was all ok.   BP went back down to my normal.   I was taken back to cubicle and had a nice pot of tea and watched the TV until my lift came.    A physio appointment will follow in three weeks.

They were all very efficient and kind.   If it doesn't help it won't be for their lack of trying this time.

Thank you for asking,  Mrs Bouquet

snowdrops

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2018, 07:53 »
Hopefully it will help, love the bit about your nails. Amazing what they can do & send you home the same day, once upon a time you’d have been in for weeks

xx
They're back!

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Chatting on the Plot

5 Replies
Last post May 20, 2019, 12:28
by mrs bouquet
xx
looking back

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

10 Replies
Last post January 11, 2021, 15:50
by rowlandwells
xx
Back in the day

Started by RubyRed on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post January 10, 2019, 03:13
by sunshineband
xx
looking back in time

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

5 Replies
Last post November 26, 2023, 08:43
by Goosegirl

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 35 queries.