Season of benevolence

• 6 Replies

Kleftiwallah

Season of benevolence
« on: January 21, 2023, 11:16 »
Now Christmas/Yuletide/Saturnalia is over could we have a

Chariteeee pleeea freeee Februareeee pleaseeeee?

Cheers,  Tony.
I may be growing OLD, but I refuse to grow UP !

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Season of benevolence
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2023, 12:31 »
Sorry, but those in need don't suddenly disappear for a month, what a strange idea  :wacko:

As always it is up to you whether you choose to contribute, or not, every little bit helps someone though. Even if it is only a tin of beans to the local food bank  ::)

Kleftiwallah

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2023, 13:11 »
I realise that there are scores of people with assorted needs, I know, when in my childhood and youth I and my family could have done with a liittle help but what was there there in the early fifties.

You must admit there has been a certain 'overload' of charities advetising on the TV. Whenever I see another one I think "I wonder in what top of the range motor does he or she drives around".  How much is syphoned of in 'administative purposes?

Here's a question, what percentage of the donations and amounts from wills actually ends up where it is supposed to go?

Looking forward to reading the results of your research.  Cheers,  Tony.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2023, 14:14 by Kleftiwallah »

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2023, 18:33 »
I believe that they have to say what % of income goes on administration and what % direct to the good cause. Perhaps on the website.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

GraciesGran

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2023, 07:58 »
I stopped giving money when I realised my local hospice spent way more on admin than it did on providing care.

I now volunteer at a local anti food waste project and in the shop at the allotments.  I can see what effect I'm having.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2023, 10:40 »
I now volunteer at a local anti food waste project

That’s a really worthwhile cause. We have local volunteers come to work to collect our stuff.

We reduce a day in advance, so the customers win. Then on the day things go out of date, we take it off sale and the staff can have what they want for free. Anything that is left gets collected by the volunteers and re-distributed. They work with lots of other charity groups and know who wants bread, who wants veg and so on. Win/win/win  :D

Growster...

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2023, 12:25 »
We have a great charity shop in the village, which benefits our proud rarity - The Hawkhurst Cottage Hospital, and everyone seems to pop in for this and that at some stage!

There's a food bank right outside their door, and it always has the necessities and a few luxuries on show!

So our charity dosh went on the Kent, Surrey Sussex Air Ambulance's Christmas cards last Yuletide, and the other day, I discovered a fabulous antique brass coal scuttle in the charity shop, which was priced at £25.00, and has cleaned up a treat!

https://hawkhurstlof.co.uk/hospital-services/

xx
Next season

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post October 27, 2019, 12:50
by mrs bouquet
clip
monsoon season here..

Started by Aidy on Chatting on the Plot

13 Replies
Last post October 01, 2019, 23:01
by snowdrops
xx
Pre-season prepping

Started by New shoot on Chatting on the Plot

10 Replies
Last post January 04, 2018, 20:15
by rowlandwells
xx
Fishing Season 2023

Started by Aled on Chatting on the Plot

20 Replies
Last post October 19, 2023, 10:20
by Aled

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 47 queries.