Runny Poo

• 8 Replies

viks chicks

Runny Poo
« on: May 23, 2008, 13:02 »
One of my chickens has had diaorrea( Is that how you spell it?) for about 3 weeks. Just one great big sloppy light brown, sticky looking mess- She is laying well- but looks a bit scraggly-which is how she has looked since i got her. She is an ex batt-but had been living for about 6 months free range on a farm beofre I got her. Is there anything that helps their digestive system?  She has layers pellets- and loads of kitchen scraps-should i stop giving her scraps for a while? And when you de-worm chickens are there specific poultry de-wormers or do you use cat/dog worming stuff?

Foxy

Runny Poo
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 13:59 »
Does sounds like worms -specially if they have been free-ranging on a farm before hand. There are specific worming formulations available for chooks, I personally like to use flubenvent. See here for the sticky on worms. Hope this helps! While your at you could have a peek at the poo sticky -not advisable before food! :lol:

http://www.chat.allotment-garden.org/viewtopic.php?t=4348

Foxy

Runny Poo
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 14:00 »
Oh I forgot, a few scraps are OK -make sure the main diet is layers though :D

viks chicks

Runny Poo
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 15:16 »
Thanks foxy.. I have ordered some flubenvet over the internet-so hopefully Mabel will be back to lovley solid poo's soon!

Foxy

Runny Poo
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 16:08 »
Also adding apple cider vinegar available from fees stores is useful for keeping digestives systems tickety -boo. I use it for 4 weeks out of 5. Every now and then I add crushed garlic cloves just a couple to their drinking water this is a good  natural additive for their immune system.
Love to see pics of your chooks, it is the law here!!! :D  :D

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Runny Poo
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2008, 17:17 »
I hate to ask  but a picture of the poo would be very useful for our Poo topic  :oops:

viks chicks

Runny Poo
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2008, 13:28 »
When no one is looking I will take a picture of their poo. And when I have a spare moment I will learn how to put pictures here. I think Mabel will be a little shy though-she has purple wings!! Someone on here suggested that spraying sore hen-pecked parts will help Mabel heal and stop Abigail from pecking her!! So I did---and now she is purple. Piccies to follow when I learn how to!

compostqueen

Runny Poo
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2008, 13:31 »
Aunt Sal

I've been adding cider vinegar to the drinking water on a daily basis.  is this right or should it be as above?  1/4 tspn in the glug?

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Runny Poo
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2008, 17:30 »
Quote from: "compostqueen"
Aunt Sal

I've been adding cider vinegar to the drinking water on a daily basis.  is this right or should it be as above?  1/4 tspn in the glug?

That sounds fine to me CQ - it's about what I add.

xx
Runny egg or poo or something :( :( Help!

Started by Feeb on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post September 10, 2009, 08:55
by Feeb
xx
runny poo

Started by nicky on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post July 05, 2007, 17:59
by Aunt Sally
xx
runny poo!

Started by leddenton on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post September 09, 2011, 08:12
by Casey76
xx
runny poo

Started by jackie on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post February 01, 2010, 09:34
by vichope74

Page created in 0.278 seconds with 39 queries.