Tecumseh BVL198 Rotovator

• 4 Replies

JUDGE DREDD

Tecumseh BVL198 Rotovator
« on: June 26, 2013, 21:39 »
Hi, I have just bought at non-working AL-KO Rotovator, with a Tecumseh BVL 198, 4 stroke petrol engine. I have taken the carburetor off of it & started to strip down the carburetor as it clearly needed cleaning. On taking the dellortlo FHC 2013a apart, I broke the eye that the float pin sits in. Does anyone know if the eye can be repaired in any way & does anyone know where I can get a carburetor gasket set from, for it ?
Jarrod

Gwiz

Re: Tecumseh BVL198 Rotovator
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 16:58 »
The Needle seat is critical. You may be able to repair it with some epoxy putty for aluminium, but I doubt it.
You can, I think, get a replacement carb from ebay, likewise the gasket set.

grendel

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 17:56 »
the big problem with epoxy is how long it lasts in a petrol environment, you may be able to drill and tap a hole to thread a repair stub into then shape and drill a new pin hole, a lot of work, there should be some dellorto carburettors on ebay, that or any that fit a tecumseh or aspera engine will work (the aspera is the british built tecumseh) failing that a 'service carburettor' (where parts have to be reused from your existing carb.
couple here on ebay - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/tecumseh-carburettor-/251295149254?pt=UK_Lawnmower_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a825bacc6
I have a spare dellorto carb, unfortunately its suffering from exactly the same problem as yours, one hole is broken, so after a few minutes the pin vibrates out and it floods petrol everywhere.
Grendel
ps are you 'the law' ?
we do the impossible daily, miracles take a little longer.

JUDGE DREDD

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 21:16 »
Lol, No, I am not the law. I am already winning them two but someone else is interested as they outbid me earlier so I just have to sit and wait and hope

jezza

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 23:28 »
hi it might be cheaper and easier to find a good briggs&stratton engine other engines available but not recomended   jezza

xx
Tecumseh parts

Started by adal on Equipment Shed

4 Replies
Last post August 23, 2013, 21:01
by adal
xx
Tecumseh None starter

Started by lfcevans on Equipment Shed

9 Replies
Last post September 11, 2012, 17:30
by Gwiz
xx
Tecumseh engine

Started by vron on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post May 16, 2011, 21:29
by R Tallentire
xx
Advice required re-tecumseh engine

Started by vron on Equipment Shed

4 Replies
Last post August 27, 2011, 08:20
by Swed

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 39 queries.