Very special anniversary...

• 11 Replies

Growster...

Very special anniversary...
« on: June 29, 2021, 09:04 »
Today is a special day.

It's a year since I vowed to get everything out of the freezers, and sort them out properly, so we actually know what's in there...

I thought you'd all like to know this and celebrate a great day..;0)

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Very special anniversary...
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2021, 09:19 »
 :lol:
Did the plan work?  Or do you now have more recent unlabelled packs?

Growster...

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2021, 10:32 »
Never did get done, Mum...

Those felt pens don't last very long, so I've taken to stapling a small bit of card to the closed area of the plastic bags for I.D., and it seems to work!

I've even bought some new shelves to fit when the old ones really do collapse, but I've lost them somewhere!

mrs bouquet

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2021, 12:16 »
I saw the title, thought oh lovely something like married for 100 years today - wrong.   Still your task was special, especially if you didn't do it anyway  :lol:   Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Welsh Merf

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2021, 14:09 »
Mrs James only checks for UFO's (unidentified frozen objects) in the freezer:

a) if she knows I'm going on a fishing trip,
b) if I tell her that I've got a bulk load of free edible gifts coming from some friends,
c) if we're changing the freezer for whatever reason.
I may be Welsh, but I love ewe anyway!

See my diary pages here

and add a comment here

GraciesGran

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2021, 16:45 »
It's a soul destroying job!  Last time I ventured to the depths of the chest freezer the dog was on freezer burnt chicken for days

Growster...

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2021, 18:21 »
It's a labour of love really, and I put the job off for ages...

I don't really go for 'freezer burn' as all our stuff is in plastic bags, but things like Korkers snags are easy to recognise, as we keep them together, like the four hundred bags of tomatoes from last year, and the odd packs of curry which we never want to see again!

About now, we vow never to buy anything until we have some proper space, and a tiny area the size of a matchbox appeared yesterday, so we immediatly plan a huge trip to M&S and Aldi in Tunbridge Wells, to stock up on another hundred-weight of comestibles!

We're managing to delay the trip, but it's a long, hard battle and Mrs Growster is a very stentorian lady when such issues occur...

wighty

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2021, 19:31 »
We have a few things in our freezer that we don't  know what they are.  We are very careful now about putting labels on.  They fall off and adhere to other stuff.

al78

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2021, 22:18 »
The second law of thermodynamics says that the entropy of any isolated system always increases. Isolated systems spontaneously evolve towards thermal equilibrium—the state of maximum entropy of the system. More simply put: the entropy of the universe (the ultimate isolated system) only increases and never decreases.

A simple way to think of the second law of thermodynamics is that a room, if not cleaned and tidied, will invariably become more messy and disorderly with time – regardless of how careful one is to keep it clean. When the room is cleaned, its entropy decreases, but the effort to clean it has resulted in an increase in entropy outside the room that exceeds the entropy lost.

It is satisfying to regain order out of chaos, but ultimately any successful attempt to regain order will regress to chaos, it is the second law of thermodynamics.  :lol:

Growster...

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2021, 07:01 »
I couldn't have put it better myself, Al!

Goosegirl

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2021, 13:32 »
The third law is not to let it get in that state to start with, but the result of the ever-increasing state of entropy has a direct negative effect on the dynamics involved thus creating more chaos. Put more simply, the bigger a woman's handbag is the more the contents increase until the point of equilibrium is reached, by which time both the house keys and mobile phone have migrated down to a corner somewhere at the bottom.

OH is going to do ours shortly and I will be assisting him armed with a pad of paper and pen, and when the job is done the said paper will be filed under F. That should work shouldn't it?
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Growster...

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2021, 09:05 »
I've actually given up trying now!

We've run out of bangers, and there's a heatwave due soon, so they'll be full of all those ribby things, chicken drumsticks etc., - hopefully on offer in Tesco...

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 50 queries.