Merry Christmas!

• 28 Replies

Growster...

Re: Merry Christmas!
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2022, 17:11 »
That's rotten 'good' fortune John - I hope all becomes better very soon!

I managed to tip up a small frying pan twice, both times with boiling oil, and have a hugely blistered little finger...!

The list of lunch was being kept to immaculate timing until the phone rang, and then everything went awry, and I had to restart the clock, then burned the parsnips, which charcoaled to oblivion!

Then today, I tested the new vegetable chopper, and while trying to clear the little metal squares, managed to cut two more adjacent fingers, so I'm turping thisx with my leffffft foutot, as I don;t have many digits left on the upper half of the rather gnarled Growsterbody!

I can't wait for a couple of glasses of the fizzy Chapel Down given to us by a Daught, but don't expect to hear what happened when I turn that little bit of wire around the cork...

:0~
« Last Edit: December 26, 2022, 17:13 by Growster... »

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2022, 17:23 »
What a series of accidents Growster  :ohmy:

Hope your tinctures help the recovery  ;)
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

snowdrops

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2022, 17:36 »
Oh no Mr G you’re a walking disaster. Better get saving & book a restaurant for next year!
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2022, 23:23 »
Growster - you keep a close eye on the burnt finger. You don't want it going septic.

Tomorrow, the 27th is our official Christmas day. Grandson is very excited as instead of being totally overwhelmed on one day, he's now just slightly overwhelmed with gifts on two days. As we had our Christmas Eve steaks on 24th, for our new Christmas Eve we had Leek & Potato pie with caramelised onion sausages a la Coop (reduced to 91p, spotted by me!)

Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2022, 14:36 »
Bit late to the Christmas parteeee...... Happy Christmas everyone.

Hope everyone had a fun, merry time.
 ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

wighty

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2022, 16:12 »
Nice to see you around again Aidy, was only thinking about you the other day.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2022, 23:11 »
Hope you had a good one, Aidy.   :D

Growster...

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2022, 06:54 »
Oh no Mr G you’re a walking disaster. Better get saving & book a restaurant for next year!

It gets worse...

Walking dog around the churchyard the other day around 4.00pm, I slipped on the wet stones by the south door, and went flat on my back...

Got back home (only a few yards) to find I'd cut open my head with blood everywhere, and lost my glasses!

Searched everywhere at home, then out in the churchyard, then home again, then back to the churchyard with a powerful torch, and there they were, unscathed and ten feet away from said mishap!

I'm looking at buying some real safety boots for escapades like this, and found only yesterday, that while these lovely Toggi or Hoggs boots look great, they're b*****s to get on or off, (and pretty pricey, especially the Toggi), so it may be a trip to our fave builders merchants - Travis Perkins - to see what they have in stock!

So if anyone wants any jobs done, I'll have the kit, but you may be better off asking someone else...;0~

Lardman

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2022, 09:17 »
Walking dog around the churchyard the other day around 4.00pm, I slipped on the wet stones by the south door, and went flat on my back...
Trying to save money by cutting out the middle men Mr G ?  :D I moved over to screwfix's own brand onyx safety boots years ago after a similar incident, they do the job nicely if you don't mind the extra weight, my size 12's are not light. I don't know about you but I just feel too old for things like trainers.

snowdrops

« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2022, 11:04 »
Oh no Mr G you’re a walking (or falling down) disaster area. Hope you’re not too sore today. Reminds me I need some more crocks or summat for popping out in the garden as mine have no tread left & our patio is lethal at the moment!

Growster...

« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2022, 16:23 »
Good tip, Lards - thank you!

I tried Travis Perkins this morning, but had the same 'problem' with getting their boots on and off, so decided against their stuff - although it is a very small depot and their stock is limited...

I like Screwfix and the way they work, so will have a shufti there when I'm next in T.Wells; they're always incredibly helpful, but like your bbots, my days of Riggers are over as you need to have a special way of walking using them, as they're soooo heavy!

Growster...

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2022, 16:27 »
Snows, I'm fine today thank you!

I tried a 'wading' version of crocs some time ago, but they just didn't fit, and anyway, I slipped on the church path with them as well, so they went to charity...

Now, for short trips into the garden, it's just rubber clogs, and I have one pair by the back door and one by the front, and they seem to work OK but not on anything further than a few yards!

Goosegirl

« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2023, 10:08 »
Oh my dear chum! You need one of GG's Snowjoke shoes made from bits of old car tyres that are fixed onto the feet with adjustable straps and Velcro.  :mad:
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Growster...

« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2023, 17:39 »
Oh my dear chum! You need one of GG's Snowjoke shoes made from bits of old car tyres that are fixed onto the feet with adjustable straps and Velcro.  :mad:

Ha ha ha!

If they're Michelin tyres, then I might take you up on the design, but I thought that Velcro could cause a problem from the Noise Abatement Society..;0)

(PS, I've just managed a walk round the churchyard and got home without a glitch, so all's well until tomorrow morning, when we have to tackle Stream Lane, and Lily can meet her bestest chums, Louie and Bubbles...)

xx
Merry Christmas

Started by New shoot on Chatting on the Plot

19 Replies
Last post December 26, 2019, 10:23
by Eblana
xx
Merry Christmas everyone!

Started by Subversive_plot on Chatting on the Plot

13 Replies
Last post December 31, 2021, 07:34
by rowlandwells
clip
Merry Christmas

Started by Aunt Sally on Chatting on the Plot

8 Replies
Last post December 26, 2022, 13:14
by Goosegirl
xx
It's Christmas Day

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

9 Replies
Last post December 26, 2018, 14:11
by Yorkie

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 50 queries.