its been three year since i washed my hair!

• 57 Replies

jay001

• Experienced Member
Re: its been three year since i washed my hair!
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2012, 22:01 »
The word normal only came into the english language in the 1800s I believe before then people were just who they were. I wish we could send it back there

here here sayeth i  :ohmy:
Real knowledge is to know the extent of ones ignorance

maxyboo

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2012, 22:13 »
Yes, we all have our ways and the world is a better place for it. Life would be very dull if we all did the same things the same way :)

grinling

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2012, 22:26 »
Tv prog was Bodymatters on BBC. Members of the public tried and found after a few weeks their hair was fine.

asd1

• Experienced Member
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2012, 22:28 »
I have tried many times to not wash my hair but as it is very very dry and curly I find if I not wash it it gets really dry ad breaks off / tuts into a birds nest ! I didn't wash it for two weeks once but for some reason I don't get oily hair o was having to put almond  oil On to it wich was more expensive then getting shampoo and conditioner from pound land!

lmpd

• Experienced Member
  • peas & love
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2012, 22:46 »
I don't use shampoo or conditioner either, I simply cut it all off with the clippers.

Fair play to you though Rachel - too many people buy into the idea that they have to surround themselves with all this stuff that's pushed on you via the telly!!!

jay001

• Experienced Member
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2012, 22:58 »
I don't use shampoo or conditioner either, I simply cut it all off with the clippers.

Fair play to you though Rachel - too many people buy into the idea that they have to surround themselves with all this stuff that's pushed on you via the telly!!!

that remind,s me -- must get a licence  :lol:

Schubunny

• Experienced Member
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2012, 23:02 »
I'd love to try this but after 23 hours I just can't help but wash it. Might try a dry shampoo or something. I do use grapeseed oil instead of conditioner now which means my hair produces less oil, when I remember to use it!

jay001

• Experienced Member
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2012, 23:15 »
I'd love to try this but after 23 hours I just can't help but wash it. Might try a dry shampoo or something. I do use grapeseed oil instead of conditioner now which means my hair produces less oil, when I remember to use it!

when the dry shampoo,s came out in the late 70,s i tried them and ended up with big lumps of dried white flecks all over my scalp and in my hair the next morning.but i guess like everything else -- they are vastly improved now ???

Schubunny

• Experienced Member
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2012, 23:56 »

when the dry shampoo,s came out in the late 70,s i tried them and ended up with big lumps of dried white flecks all over my scalp and in my hair the next morning.but i guess like everything else -- they are vastly improved now ???

I think the idea is you put them on and brush them out so in theory it takes any grease with it.

jay001

• Experienced Member
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2012, 00:09 »

I think the idea is you put them on and brush them out so in theory it takes any grease with it.

oop,s ---well i was young there in my defence  :lol:

Thrift

« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2012, 08:07 »
Last year, when off to hospital, I took dry shampoo and found it excellent. The nurses kept commenting on how good my hair looked and it certainly felt better than enduring lank, greasy looking hair for the duration.

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2012, 08:28 »
I tried it in my teens and yes it does work. I had horrendously greasy hair and used to have to wash it daily but after a few weeks it ceased to be greasy. Not sure why I ever went back to washing it, perhaps I discovered boys  :)
Staffies are softer than you think.

Markw

• Experienced Member
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2012, 08:37 »
I would tend to agree with Rachel  on this subject. I have not washed my hair for about 6 mouths now. OK I wash it in water and sometimes put a bit of conditioner  on when I have been working in the workshop and it has got dusty while machining timber, I can tell you it does not smell, my daughter is a hairdresser and has never mentioned anything to me.  
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 08:39 by Markw »
“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.”

Dresden James

Daamoot

• Experienced Member
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2012, 10:04 »
What an intriguing thread and well done Rachel for kicking consumerisms butt!  I've not cut my hair in years and have switched to natural shampoo but this is quite expensive so not washing (hair) at all sounds like an excellent way to save some money!  Think I'll watch that documentry that's been mentioned and guage my GFs response to it before committing to anything  ;)  Thanks for bringing this subject up and making me aware of the possibility!
Add me on PSN but nowadays I reach for the fork or hoe more than a controller

Schubunny

• Experienced Member
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2012, 10:47 »

oop,s ---well i was young there in my defence  :lol:

:lol:

xx
How I get free tomatoes every year!

Started by EJCTM on Frugal Living

14 Replies
Last post September 15, 2010, 17:44
by DD.
xx
It's that time of year again - Wyevale 50p sale

Started by B_and_D on Frugal Living

23 Replies
Last post September 12, 2011, 23:33
by Lloyd
xx
What time of year do the seed companies start their sale?

Started by LivvyW on Frugal Living

4 Replies
Last post January 22, 2012, 17:49
by DD.

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 33 queries.