Thank the Lord for freecycle

• 132 Replies

Sprouts

Thank the Lord for freecycle
« on: March 04, 2012, 13:33 »
Had some good results from freecycle over the last few weeks

Picked up an 8x10 greenhouse on Friday had about 3 broken panes and will need all new nuts and bolts but apart from that all OK

Should finish the allotment shed this week with timber and guttering from 4 different pick ups

In return putting our old freezer on this week so should do someone else a favour

Kevin

alimilly

• Life and Love of the Millys
Re: Thank the Lord for freecycle
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 14:07 »
I have been lucky with Freecyle recently too - like you I have picked up a 6x8 greenhouse, a petrol lawn mower and a couple of dalek composters.    I love Freecycle!
 :)

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 15:50 »
Have just joined and put some stuff on I no longer need.  I might be able to get in the attic if I get rid of some of the stuff on freecycle.   ::)
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

ANHBUC

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 17:11 »
That was quick, got an email, emailed back and they have already been and collected.  Have received another email and had to say sorry they have already gone!

Have updated to collected so my email box doesn't end up full.   :lol:

Will be searching to see what else I can get rid of.

alimilly

• Life and Love of the Millys
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 19:04 »
I agree - things do go very quickly.   I have offered all sorts of things from PC bits and pieces to empty CD cases,  everything has gone really quickly and without any problem.   A real feel good feeling too!   If something comes up you are interested in - you have to be quick and then keep your fingers crossed you are lucky!

mattwragg94

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 19:35 »
yeh ive been lucky with freecycle too, i got a 10 by 12 greenhouse for my nan, however soon after i decided to cancel my acount due to the amount of emails they where sending me!

ANHBUC

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2012, 19:43 »
I have joined 3 of my local groups and applied for one which is still local but a bit further away.  They refused and said they only wanted people in their locality.  I wanted to reply to a wanted ad for bedside lamps and can't due to their policy.  I have emailed them saying their policy is stopping me giving to those whole need things.  I hope that they reconsider, if not I don't think they are being very neighbourly.  :(

grinling

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2012, 20:30 »
You can set your email to daily digest only. I've been collecting sewing stuff.

Hesse2509

• Experienced Member
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2012, 05:50 »
Another very good alternative to Freecycle is Freegle, which can be joined via Yahoo Groups, if you have a group in your area. I'm a member of both, and have got and given away probably an equal amount of items on each site.

ulsterfairy

• Experienced Member
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2012, 19:46 »
Im Lovin freecycle as well!! We've had a 6x8 greenhouse, a shed, a small conservatory and a dining table!! We are waiting to hear about a petrol strimmer!!

We freecycle everything we no longer need or want, it is fab!! I was a bit annoyed once when we freecycled a sofa bed barely used and in pretty good condition to find it dumped in at the back of the house it went 2 a couple of weeks later  >:(

Kleftiwallah

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2012, 19:50 »

I cannot reply as I haven't had any luck with stuff I want on freecycle.  Maybe the stuff I would like is a bit too peculiar.  :ohmy:  (Bath area).      Cheers,     Tony.
I may be growing OLD, but I refuse to grow UP !

ANHBUC

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2012, 20:44 »
I have just managed to secure a shed for my Aunty off Gumtree.  My brother is not pleased as he will have to dismantle, deliver and erect it.   :lol:

thestens

• Experienced Member
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2012, 18:14 »
Freecycle and Freegle are great have got loads of stuff and given stuff away. I have a shed on the allotment from freecycle. My allotment is a bit strange as it has a large concrete base - we think it used to be a garage. It is much too thick to break up concrete at least 1ft thick and I have excavated underneath bits and there is tons of hardcore( well whole and broken bricks to be honest). So I was looking for an idea of what I could do on the concrete and Freecycle comes to the rescue. Someone was offering old tyres. So I have got some to use as spud growing towers. The tyres came from a garage in Stockton so if anyone wants sme the guy has loads. You would do him a favour as he told me he had to pay 30p a tyre to get rid of them.

Just drop me message and I'll let you know where it was as he still has loads.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 11:16 by thestens »
Taken over neglected veg garden at new home. Enemy number 1 Ground Elder. Then there is the furry terror - bunnies - to contend with!
Made a start have beds established but moved in too late for serious planting. We shall see what 2015 brings.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2012, 18:44 »
Bear in mind that you will have to pay to dispose of the tyres if you ever decide to stop using them ... they are very hard to dispose of legally, cheaply and safely.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

thestens

• Experienced Member
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2012, 11:18 »
I only have a dozen tyres and our Council tip will take old tyres but I guess not a garage load. So if I need to get rid then two trips should do the trick.

xx
What is going on with Freecycle?

Started by Salmo on Frugal Living

10 Replies
Last post March 03, 2010, 16:07
by lisa80
xx
freecycle

Started by evie2 on Frugal Living

12 Replies
Last post November 22, 2010, 20:19
by ex-cavator
xx
Freecycle

Started by Jeanieblue on Frugal Living

47 Replies
Last post July 26, 2007, 18:51
by wildeone
xx
Freecycle

Started by EzLou on Frugal Living

4 Replies
Last post September 18, 2007, 10:06
by new_2_veg

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 32 queries.