A wheelbarrow

and on Sunday I am picking up:

A spade
A dutch Hoe
A rake
Edging tool
Another fork

All in excellent order and all completely FREE  8)  :D

Add in the 8 pallets and a big bag of strawberry plants and the offer of as much horse manure as I could want and so far I have spent the grand total of NOTHING  :D

Richard
My other Forums Lambretta related

compostqueen

Freecycle - dont you just love it.
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 21:28 »
it's excellent. I have someone coming for seeds and seed trays tomorrow as she Freecycled a lovely coat to my sister  :D

Faz

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 14:57 »
It is great, and the flip side is that you can get rid of surplus stuff (including when you planted far too many pepper seeds!) without feeling guilty that its a waste.

Etherelda

• Experienced Member
    • http://fernanddavesallotment.blogspot.com/
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 18:39 »
You are lucky, I've posted on cambridge and fenland freecycle several times, and haven't had much luck on the gardening front. I don't think its the time of year where people are clearing out sheds etc.

However, I picked up 4 pallets to build a compost heap this morning, and have had sports equipment, beer fridge and a food processor over the years.
"Do not sit supine in God's Waiting Room."

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2008, 19:34 »
Think my best thing from freecycle was my bread maker! O NO i forgot my cat. Its ok because although she's sitting on my lap she can't read english cos she's siamese :lol:  

Have had no success with tools or glass or plastic this year so have actually had to buy stuff. But if you need things then you need them..if i went to gym would cost a lot more.

Christine

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2008, 08:06 »
Hmm I collected a load of plastic carrier bags for getting the produce back from the allotment. I wash them out and use them again so they are still going strong. Shared them with the greenhouses along the road where they sell excess produce.

I've got loads of jigsaw puzzles in the cupboard to keep me going.

Also someone turned out their garden of larger tubs before going on holiday. They were passing the front door to go to the dentist so delivered too  :D

RichardC

• http://www.forums.ilambretta.com/phpBB2/
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2008, 21:38 »
Picked up the latest stuff this morning  :D

If anyone in the Surrey area needs a wheelbarrow, the guy I got one from had another going spare. In fact he had 5 in total, down to 4 now but offering another.

Let me know if you do and I can put you in touch with him. Its a big old builder barrow type but good for moving muck and the like.

Richard

RichardC

• http://www.forums.ilambretta.com/phpBB2/
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2008, 22:54 »
Said to SWMBO I am going to try and get a bench tonight.

Thats pushing your luck she replied.

Five mins later I have got an offer of a two seater wooden slat and metal ended bench, complete with a wobble thrown in 8)

Picking it up on Tuesday evening. Will now have somewhere to sit and think about what I should be doing with all my new tools  :lol:

Think I better stop soon, before my plot starts to resemble Steptoe's yard.

Oh and I need to get some plants / seeds apparently :roll:

philskin

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2008, 07:20 »
ive got rid of 50 chairs 100 ltrs of powder paint 2 electric greenhouse heaters  ( 2 more to go if anyone wants them ) 2 tables 1 storage chest 3 bikes for kiddies 2 x 200yrd rolls of drawing paper  15 lamas trees and 1  8ft _ 6ft greenhouse . And have recieved 1 generator 2 adult mountain bikes 1 12ft by 8ft greenhouse 1 lawnmower and im still looking for a paraffin greenhouse heater if anyone has one i will pay the postage thanks  freecycle is good
If the early bird gets the worm how come the 2nd mouse to the trap gets the cheese ??

Kentish Karl

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2009, 07:50 »
Not looked at freecycle now for a few weeks, so I thought I'd have a look to see what's new after Christmas. Just spent 2 hours trying to sign in. I've gone through password reset's, deleted cookies, rebooted, confirmed yahoo id still to no avail still wont let me log in, now I remeber why I HATE Yahoo so much.

Lee G

• Experienced Member
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2009, 11:24 »
Have to say had no joy on Freecycle, other than getting rid of some old stuff.  Is it worth placing Wanted ads?

I love the idea of freecycle, and spend far too much time trawling for stuff, but have never had any of my "bids" accepted.

amandaandherveg

• Experienced Member
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2009, 18:19 »
I regularly offer items on Freecycle, after we finished renovating our house there were loads of bits of pieces, lots of decent stuff, to re-home.  I also got completely carried away with how many tomatoes, peppers, etc that I planted and Freecycled these too.

I've had chuckies, plant pots, jam jars and books -nothing worth a great deal but ever so handy.  

On our local Freecycle it's just want, want want at the moment by people that never offer anything, hopefully it will calm down as we move further into January.  Whenever I receive something I always give them a jar of homemade jam or chutney as a thankyou which people seem to appreciate.  :D
Are we nearly there yet?

SpudtheBinx

• Experienced Member
    • dave and becca blog
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2009, 18:52 »
I love freecycle, although there are a few timewasters on the Derby one. I have lost count of the number if times I have waitied in for someone to come and collect from me and they never show. Still, yesterday I managed to get 2 car loads of old roof tiles to make a weed barrier around my plot and have got rid of quite a few bits of low end computer hardware that have helped members repair pc's and stuff. It does feel good to stop so much stuff going to waste :)

Etherelda

• Experienced Member
    • http://fernanddavesallotment.blogspot.com/
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2009, 19:56 »
I blagged myself an oil drum that has been used as a water butt, and a sun lounger, along with some massive cardboard boxes for mulching. Yay! Not much good for tools at the moment.

MoreWhisky

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2009, 22:41 »
Reading this thread i best join, another top tip frm the forum  :D
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

xx
freecycle

Started by evie2 on Frugal Living

12 Replies
Last post November 22, 2010, 20:19
by ex-cavator
xx
Freecycle

Started by Jeanieblue on Frugal Living

47 Replies
Last post July 26, 2007, 18:51
by wildeone
xx
Freecycle

Started by EzLou on Frugal Living

4 Replies
Last post September 18, 2007, 10:06
by new_2_veg
xx
What is going on with Freecycle?

Started by Salmo on Frugal Living

10 Replies
Last post March 03, 2010, 16:07
by lisa80

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 34 queries.