Weed killer: just how bad is it?

• 17 Replies

sion01

Re: Weed killer: just how bad is it?
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2011, 08:40 »
As suggested before useing a watering can to apply weedkiller is the safest way of avoiding spray drift which can happen when you apply with a spray.But the down side is that you use much more chemical then you really need too.

One method I used when gardening in a stately home which had loads of gravel paths bordered with box hedging was to improvise a spray hood.All i did was cut a hole in the bottom of a 6 inch plastic plant pot which the napsack nozzle fitted in to and you could be very precise about where you sprayed as long as you keep the pot close too/on the ground.I've had that plant pot for 10 years and it's the only bit of eqpt I know where it is at alltimes.

Just be carefull about walking on a lawn after you have been spraying as the residue from the weedkiller on your'e shoes will kill the grass in footstep shaped patches for many more footsteps then you would think :wub:

Goosegirl

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2011, 15:41 »
I have a large patio where weeds were continually growing through the cracks. I re-pointed it and am so pleased I did! Very satisfying to do and not too difficult if you take your time and get the weather right.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

LilacSandy

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2011, 15:00 »
Thanks Goosegirl,  I am fed up with weeding my front path and weedkiller leaves all those unsightly brown weeds to clear.  I will be at my local DIY shop tomorrow to get something to fill in the cracks, plus it will be longlasting.

xx
weed killer in jan ?

Started by smellykipper on General Gardening

12 Replies
Last post January 30, 2015, 11:14
by Baldy
xx
Weed Killer!?

Started by weathergirl on General Gardening

13 Replies
Last post July 20, 2009, 21:25
by weathergirl
xx
weed killer

Started by NinjaMonkey on General Gardening

12 Replies
Last post May 25, 2014, 22:08
by DD.
xx
Organic weed killer

Started by pumpkinpatch on General Gardening

24 Replies
Last post May 27, 2009, 11:34
by Ice

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 40 queries.