• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Re: The Daily Funny - Give us a Laugh!
« Reply #660 on: July 23, 2010, 23:37 »
 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

madcat

« Reply #661 on: July 26, 2010, 21:38 »

A chicken crossing the road: poultry in motion.
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

hamstergbert

« Reply #662 on: July 27, 2010, 12:04 »
The Darwin Awards

Yes, it's that magical time of year again when the Darwin Awards are bestowed, honoring the least evolved among us.

1. When his 38 calibre revolver failed to fire at his intended victim during a hold-up in  Long Beach California, would-be robber James Elliot did something that can only inspire wonder. He peered down the barrel and tried the trigger again. This time it worked.

And now, some honourable mentions:

2. The chef at a hotel in Switzerland lost a finger in a meat cutting machine and submitted a claim to his insurance company. The company expecting negligence sent out one of its men to have a look for himself. He tried the machine and he also lost a finger. The chef's claim was approved.

3. A man who shoveled snow for an hour to clear a space for his car during a blizzard in  Chicago returned with his vehicle to find a woman had taken the space. Understandably, he shot her.

4. After stopping for drinks at an illegal bar, a Zimbabwean bus driver found that the 20 mental patients he was supposed to be transporting from  Harare to  Bulawayo had escaped. Not wanting to admit his incompetence, the driver went to a nearby bus stop and offered everyone waiting there a free ride. He then delivered the passengers to the mental hospital, telling the staff that the patients were very excitable and prone to bizarre fantasies. The deception wasn't discovered for 3 days.

5. An American teenager was in the hospital recovering from serious head wounds received from an oncoming train. When asked how he received the injuries, the lad told police that he was simply trying to see how close he could get his head to a moving train before he was hit.

6. A man walked into a Louisiana Circle-K, put a $20 bill on the counter, and asked for change. When the clerk opened the cash drawer, the man pulled a gun and asked for all the cash in the register, which the clerk promptly provided. The man took the cash from the clerk and fled, leaving the $20 bill on the counter. The total amount of cash he got from the drawer.... $15. [If someone points a gun at you and gives you money, is a crime committed?]

7. Seems an  Arkansas guy wanted some beer pretty badly. He decided that he'd just throw a cinder block through a liquor store window, grab some booze, and run. So he lifted the cinder block and heaved it over his head at the window. The cinder block bounced back and hit the would-be thief on the head, knocking him unconscious. The liquor store window was made of Plexiglas. The whole event was caught on videotape.

8. As a female shopper exited a  New York convenience store, a man grabbed her purse and ran. The clerk called 911 immediately, and the woman was able to give them a detailed description of the snatcher. Within minutes, the police apprehended the snatcher. They put him in the car and drove back to the store. The thief was then taken out of the car and told to stand there for a positive ID. To which he replied, "Yes, officer, that's her. That's the lady I stole the purse from."

9. The  Ann Arbor Micihigan News crime column reported that a man walked into a Burger King in  Ypsilanti, Michigan at 5 A.M., flashed a gun, and demanded cash. The clerk turned him down because he said he couldn't open the cash register without a food order. When the man ordered onion rings, the clerk said they weren't available for breakfast. The man, frustrated, walked away.

10. When a man attempted to siphon gasoline from a motor home parked on a  Seattle Street , he got much more than he bargained for. Police arrived at the scene to find a very sick man curled up next to a motor home near spilled sewage. A police spokesman said that the man admitted to trying to steal gasoline, but he plugged his siphon hose into the motor home's sewage tank by mistake. The owner of the vehicle declined to press charges saying that it was the best laugh he'd ever had.

*** Remember.... They walk among us!!!***

They also vote........

The Dales - probably fingerprint marks where God's hand touched the world

Jamie Butterworth

• Young Gardener at Chelsea Flower Show - 2014, 2015
  • BBC3 Young Gardener Of The Year 2011 - Finalist
    • Jamie Butterworth
« Reply #663 on: July 27, 2010, 18:10 »
 :lol: :lol: :lol: Those are so funny
If you want to be happy for a short time - get drunk.

If you want to be happy for a long time - fall in love.

If you want to be happy forever - take up gardening!

GTFC197

• Experienced Member
« Reply #664 on: July 27, 2010, 18:35 »
Paddy has just got his second question right on Who wants to be a millionaire and is now on £200.
Chris Tarrant says here is your 3rd question for £300.

"who was the great train robber?"

A. Ronnie Biggs
B. Ronnie Corbett
C. Ronnie Barker.

Paddy says,

"Well Chris, I've had a lovely day & I'm going to take the £200",

Chris says,

"Are you stupid or what, you still have all your lifelines left"

Paddy says,

" I might be stupid, but I'm not a grass".

GTFC197

• Experienced Member
« Reply #665 on: July 27, 2010, 18:43 »
Murphy is on Who wants to be a millionaire and is on his final question for £1 million.

Chris says to Murphy,

" You have only 1 lifeline left, phone a friend, who do you want to ring?"

Murphy says

"I'll ring Paddy"

Murphy says to Paddy

"Which bird doesn't build a nest,

A. sparrow
B. Swallow
C. Cuckoo"

Paddy says

" 100% sure it's a cuckoo, yes definitely, it's a cuckoo"

Murphy wins the million and a few days later he sees Paddy and asks him how he knew the correct answer.

Paddy says,

"Are you stupid or what?, it's the only one that lives in a clock".

Paul Plots

« Reply #666 on: July 28, 2010, 01:01 »
 :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

Trillium

« Reply #667 on: July 28, 2010, 01:40 »
Keeping up with the changing times, Mattel corp will begin selling a new "Divorced Barbie."

It comes with all of Ken's accessories.

At a wedding rehearsal, the minister told the father of the bride, "As you give your daughter's hand to the bridegroom, you should say something nice to him."

The father, a grocery-store manager, took the advice.

During the wedding ceremony, he placed the bride's hand on his son-in-law's arm and said, "No deposit, no return."

gypsy

« Reply #668 on: July 28, 2010, 09:27 »
My big brother gave me away at our wedding 35 yrs ago, he gave my hubby a few books of green shield stamps as well saying "here she comes with these"!
Catherine

Paul Plots

« Reply #669 on: July 28, 2010, 15:04 »
My big brother gave me away at our wedding 35 yrs ago, he gave my hubby a few books of green shield stamps as well saying "here she comes with these"!

What! No 10 year warranty?  :lol:

hamstergbert

« Reply #670 on: July 28, 2010, 15:13 »
One of my wife's oppos was given away by her kid brother.
He shouted out "She fancies your mate, really!"

Fred Quimby

« Reply #671 on: July 29, 2010, 13:37 »
Col du Tourmalet

Paddy and Murphy wanted to race up the Col du Tourmalet just like the Tour de France. Paddy said to Murphy "If I get to the top first I am going to write my name in chalk across the road just like the pros."

Murphy replied "If I get to the top first I'll rub it off."
"We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars"

Debz

« Reply #672 on: July 29, 2010, 13:40 »
Why did the chicken cross the playpark ...

To get to the other slide.

Don't know if it has been on here before but I liked it.

8doubles

« Reply #673 on: July 30, 2010, 16:58 »
A Laurel and Hardy moment,

i was getting a microwave oven (heavy) out of the roof space yesterday sliding the said lump down the loft ladder in a stout cardboard box. Backing down the ladder a few steps arms fully extended my jeans decended to my ankles leaving me stuck halfway down holding a half hundredweight above my head.

Another fine mess,

or as Homer would say DOH !

Belt and braces next time. :)

wighty

« Reply #674 on: July 30, 2010, 19:46 »
Reminds me of a few years ago when we had been to a concert at Osbourne House.  The concert had finished and we were all making our way back to the car park.  The 'gentleman' in front of us was as fully laden as the rest of us with chairs, table, cold box and other assorted picnic stuff.  We were walking across the car park when he started singing ' my shorts are falling down, my shorts are falling down' . And fall down they did exposing all he had to offer!  Nobody could do anything as we were as laden as him!

xx
give us our daily bread

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

18 Replies
Last post March 13, 2022, 09:54
by lettice
xx
laugh or cry .... you decide.

Started by Lardman on Chatting on the Plot

45 Replies
Last post January 16, 2019, 13:26
by Goosegirl
xx
Deliveries? You're having a laugh!

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

11 Replies
Last post December 31, 2017, 19:23
by Christine
xx
A funny mis-read.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

1 Replies
Last post November 03, 2023, 17:44
by wighty

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 49 queries.