tomatoes?

• 20 Replies

Kristen

• K's Garden blog
Re: tomatoes?
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2010, 18:00 »
I have a Min/Max thermometer in my zip-up, which itself is in my (cold) conservatory. It has got below 10C on a few nights last week, but day-by-day the nights are shorter, and temperatures falls less.

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2010, 19:54 »
Go and upgrade your greenhouse to a 4-tier zip-up polythene grow-house immediately!

You might wish to increase your font size, you know he has difficulty seeing the obvious O:-)

¥
Behave, I can see single letters no problem. Make a word or worse still a sentence  :wacko:

Or is it I can remember the letters on the chart  :unsure:
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

Yabba

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2010, 18:56 »
If your memory's on a par with your eyesight ..... you're just a lucky guesser ;)

¥

Jodie A

• Experienced Member
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2010, 17:00 »
I have a few in the unheated greenhouse, they are struggling compared to those indoors and not making that much progress.
I'll be really interested to know how they compare if you have the time for an update in a few weeks please.

My experience has been that they "stall" when they catch a cold, and take ages (a couple of weeks) to get going again.

I keep giving people this advice, but I haven't actually done a side by side experiment for years - I'm like Scrooge now, and I only grow just the number of plants I need, and I certainly ain't going to sacrifice any Tomato plants!

I'll be really interested to know if the ones in chillier conditions catch up, or are noticeably behind their cousins that had a soft life indoors :)  and then I can modify my advice if it turns out to be pants.

Well, the one that was going great guns, was snapped off, am guessing by a blackbird looking for nesting material, as there was bird poop on the edge of the pot, I poked around in the soil to check for hidden nasties, but none there.  The others are still doing well, even on the nights I forget to close the greenhouse door.

Glosterboy

• Experienced Member
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2010, 17:47 »
Tomatoes plants aready being put into an unheated greenhouse ::) ::)

And it is not even April yet :ohmy: :ohmy:

Perish the thought :ohmy: :ohmy:

Pun intended.

Jodie A

• Experienced Member
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2010, 18:34 »
The unheated greenhouse is attached to the south east side of the house, nights are now not getting below around 8C with me forgetting to close the door, and about 10 - 15C with the door shut.

All the others seem to be thriving.

xx
Tomatoes tomatoes tomatoes

Started by viettaclark on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post September 21, 2011, 11:12
by BabbyAnn
xx
Please look at my tomatoes!

Started by igorina on Grow Your Own

22 Replies
Last post February 11, 2008, 23:39
by sweet nasturtium
xx
tomatoes

Started by colinc on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post June 13, 2011, 20:43
by Springlands
xx
Tomatoes - help

Started by Ann on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post April 04, 2007, 09:28
by Sadgit

Page created in 0.357 seconds with 38 queries.