My Greenhouse - Update

• 2 Replies

mrs bouquet

My Greenhouse - Update
« on: November 29, 2020, 14:18 »
Finally finished, the man who first came was completely useless.  He cost me nearly £1,800.   £1200 for labour, what a joke.   Meanwhile a lovely friend (he who gave me the Lumberjacket  :) ) has been in for 6 hours for 6 days and has half-rebuilt it,  It really does look lovely now, and I am now very pleased.  He has been paid £650, which included lots of materials and lots of hard labour.  All the stuff the first man either was too lazy to do or didn't know how !!!!  The butterfly transfers are on some of the windows, to stop the birds flying into the glass. and the new bamboo blinds have to go up on some windows.   I have my little iron table and two chairs in there and the "Pigsty", also rebuilt of course, now becomes the potting area and messy place.

I have two questions please,   1) how do I get the plastic windows clean, including removing some silicone ?
2)   Can I paint the naked concrete floor, is so what with ?

Finally, thanks for all the support you have given me through this rebuild.  It has been fairly terrible, but good now.   Best regards,   Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

grinling

Re: My Greenhouse - Update
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2020, 15:44 »
I used no nonsense silicon remover, Screwfix, on a carpet, paint on, leave, then carefully used a dinner knife to scrape off. Carpet took a few tries but brill.
Concrete paint be fine depending on temperature.
1st person contracted to do work, if money not refunded you can take to small claims court, very easy to do. Name him as well as buisness name. Hubby did this to someone who used his black cab. You pay for court costs and then if you win, they pay it back. Cannot remember if hubby authorised bailiffs.

jezza

Re: My Greenhouse - Update
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2020, 21:15 »
Hello get your money back under trading standard rules your entitled to ask for them if hes on check a trade let them know about his quality of work   jezza

clip
Greenhouse Update

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

7 Replies
Last post November 02, 2020, 18:37
by MrsPea
xx
GG's AA update.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

16 Replies
Last post February 22, 2020, 14:30
by Goosegirl
xx
Goosey's eye ops update.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

35 Replies
Last post January 07, 2019, 13:23
by Goosegirl
xx
Car Insurance - Update

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post June 04, 2019, 19:41
by grinling

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 41 queries.