What a peaceful day !

• 9 Replies

mrs bouquet

What a peaceful day !
« on: September 25, 2018, 22:51 »
Very unusually for me, I didn't go out all day !   A friend popped in for 10 mins with her greyhounds, because she had made me an apple crumble.
Did lines full of washing, then gardened, and cleared the greenhouse up, ready for the delicates to go in.
Put 9 various size terracotta pots out for another friend, and put the patio table and chairs in the shed, along with some other stuff.
  Then I made a cuppa around 2.15, and sat in the garden in the hot sunshine, topped the tan up and read the paper.  I am not very good at sitting, always see something to do.  But it was great, and peaceful apart from the noisy gulls, so I turned my hearing aids down  :D
What was the nice thing that you did today ? - for yourself.   regards,  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Goosegirl

Re: What a peaceful day !
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 13:35 »
Well, after helping OH remove the entire contents of an old chest freezer and fridge-freezer, putting the unwanted stuff into rubbish bags, and hauling them into the bins, I ordered some new Bulldog garden and border forks, a hand fork and a trowel from Madzonia as both my hand tools strangely vanished and the old forks broke their shafts. That's about it really.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 17:19 »
Oh, don't mention sorting freezers, that won't be peaceful 'cause of my swearing   :D
Its a good feel though when you get these things done, and always nice to get new gardening goodies. Mrs Bouquet

snowdrops

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 21:47 »
We took our little granddaughter on the bus to town( only her 2nd bus ride) went for a coffee then walked up to the park & collected conkers. She loved it so much she was shrieking with delight when she saw all the conkers, we’ve only found 1 or 2 at a time  upto now. She’s only 2 1/2.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

mrs bouquet

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2018, 13:45 »
Awh, that's a lovely day as well. Mrs B

jaydig

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2018, 19:35 »
We took our little granddaughter on the bus to town( only her 2nd bus ride) went for a coffee then walked up to the park & collected conkers. She loved it so much she was shrieking with delight when she saw all the conkers, we’ve only found 1 or 2 at a time  upto now. She’s only 2 1/2.
Do you think that our grandchildren will possibly be the last generation to be able to enjoy simple pleasures like this?  We often do things with ours that cost little or nothing, and they get such a lot out of it, but as technology takes over their lives more and more I do wonder if there will be anyone in the future who will have experienced this and who will pass it on.

snowdrops

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2018, 22:36 »
No if we pass these things on to our grandchildren they’ll be wanting to pass it on to theirs.

Tenhens

• freedom lodge for tenhens ex battery 1 year on
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2018, 22:43 »
Do you think that our grandchildren will possibly be the last generation to be able to enjoy simple pleasures like this?  We often do things with ours that cost little or nothing, and they get such a lot out of it, but as technology takes over their lives more and more I do wonder if there will be anyone in the future who will have experienced this and who will pass it on.
Sadly reliance on these gadgets has taken over our lives .   The palm of the hand will rapidly evolve to include a screen and keyboard linked to a sensor that requires activity at nano second intervals , failure to comply will result in social exclusion.
They will be unable to function without checking the palm of their hand.
we also rescue rabbits and guinea pigs, grow own veg

jaydig

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2018, 08:40 »
No if we pass these things on to our grandchildren they’ll be wanting to pass it on to theirs.
I really hope that's true, Snowdrops, but I did all of these things with my own children, and they have never done them with their own. Perhaps our own children were initially fascinated with the new technology to the extent that it now seems to rule their lives, whereas our grandchildren will accept it as the norm and will be enthralled by the simpler things in life.  One can only hope.

Elaine G

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2018, 23:31 »
Thought I would chip in here to give you more hope.
My oldest grandsons- 3 and 5 - like to watch children's TV when allowed, but otherwise would far rather be outside. iPad is used as a bribe only for haircuts  :lol:
The biggest success of the summer has been hunting for and painting rocks. Here called St Albans Rocks but widespread across the country. They would have happily searched every day for them, or painted them and hidden them. They were delighted when we brought one home from Wales!
Now of course it is collecting conkers, and only today the older one was saying he was waiting for snow to make a snow 'angel'!!
I should add that it's not just us grandparents instigating this but mum and dad too. I'm sure they will
succumb to mobile phones etc when they are older, but I'm sure there is hope for the future.

Elaine
The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet - James Oppenheim

xx
It used to be so peaceful

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

5 Replies
Last post April 26, 2020, 14:46
by WeavingGryphon

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 43 queries.