Re: Chicken names.
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2011, 07:45 »
Rejected names - alligator, raspberry and Jack

:lol:

Beetroot queen

« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2012, 19:19 »
We have named our girls

Twiglet (because she is stick thin and came free as the farmer said have it get rid of it)
Drumsticks (not after a chicken drumstick but after drum sticks, because she is loud and taps on the window all day long)
Goldie (hubby named her after her colour)

Polly or Pollyanna if I am cross with her, she is naughty and needs an asbo
Wally can you guess where this is going
And doodle. Dd named the last three.

The top six our the rescue girls and in need of some serious tlc. We paid 5 quid for the six girls who have been nicknamed the Kentucky girls as there is nit a single nugget on then lot of them. They are columbian blacktails, so we were told third generation rhode island crossed with light Sussex, afraid to say that doesn't mean alot to me.

We also have two bantam columbian Cochin pullets, these were purchased by a friend at a day old and turned out to be not what they are meant to be, but for entertainment value they are priceless, so the deserved their names humpty and dumpty. Dumpty seems to think she is a parrot and wants tonsit on your shoulder all day long

The last four Are Freda a maran, crossed with something but I have no idea. A road rock ?. Called lady
grey.  A light Sussex called big bird who seems to mother humpty and dumpty and I do believe a windy brown. Called Doris. The last four don't seem to match any pictures online which is why I have added a few ?????????  The last four are fabulous layers especially lady grey who lays dark speckled eggs that are tiny weighing in at 40g

snowdrops

« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2012, 20:16 »
When we had chickens the first 2 were Dotty & Lotty, then 1 died  forget which so we got Betty Thumper (every time you got near her she would squat & thump with 1 leg) then the other 1 died & we got Doris Delargo(Bette Middler style)
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Mrs Bee

« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2012, 21:26 »
Our first 6 were Granny, Nanny and Esme...... black rocks named after the witches in a Pratchett book. Granny is top of the pecking order,

Honey, Henny and Nutty caulder rangers named for their colours. Although Nutty was a real nutcase.
                         Gatty and Scatty..... cream legbars. Scatty because she was and Gatty because we bought her from  a place called Gatcombe in Devon.
                         Tizzy, Frosty and Smokey....... A bovan's white, a light Sussex and a blubelle. Tizzy because the Bovan's white is always in a Tizzy. Frosty 'cos she looked as if she had been touched with white and smokey because she was blue and smokey coloured.

Sparky, Queenie and Attily the hen....... Bovan's white, black rock and an Amber Ranger.  Sparky 'cos she is! Queenie 'cos she has a habit of sitting up high and looking down on the others and Attily because she went for me when I brought her home and left me with a humdinger of a scratch all down my neck. Think she must have benn frightened 'cos sheis the friendliest of all the chooks so we have renamed her Tilly the Hen.
All have names that finish with an 'e' sound 'cos I like alliteration!

YoungChickenLover

« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2012, 21:07 »
We have-
Ex bats
Arwen Evenstar- Lord of the rings character
Willow- Named for her elegance
Helen Cutter- Named after the baddie in Primeval
Kate- Middleton!!
Emily and Abby- Primeval again!!

Light Sussex
Sugar- named for being sweet and friendly
Peppermint- Zingy character
Liquorice- the young one chucked in for free!

Burford Browns
Toffe- Just suited her!!
Chocolate- Has brown hints to her feathers

Legbars
Sherbet- Runs around like she's on a sherbet rush!!
Lollipop- Has a very upright comb

Gold Laced Orpington
Dolce & Gabbana- Look like something out of a runway show

Weasel and the Chooks

Diddy Gardener

• Experienced Member
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2012, 16:16 »
Maud (head chook), Doris, Brenda and Hattie... good, solid chook names... or collectively 'ladies'.
Lucky Mother of 2 dogs, 2 cats (RiP Sherlock) and 4 chickens (welcome Brenda and Harriet)

Beano

« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2012, 13:56 »
Poppy - Black hen with bright red floppy comb
Buttercup - White hen with buttercup yellow chest
Goldie - Dumpy little golden brown hen
Amber - Lankey brownish-red greedy hen
El.

rooky

« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2012, 14:33 »
have chosen flower names for ours (2 week olds) : Bluebell, Daisy, Snowdrop and Pansy.  Have been told they're all female - let's hope none start crowing (especially the latter!)

Tony H

• Experienced Member
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2012, 19:06 »
I called our first three chucks Dinner, Pie, and curry then came Batty (ex batt whose as mad as a hatter) after that i gave up and just call them Oi you lot  :D until i had my little maran bantie she has a bent foot so called her pegleg  :lol:
Chicken crazy

Rubyroo

« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2012, 12:15 »
My girls names have come from my niece/nephew, friends, their appearance, etc etc. As i have a mixed flock (so i can tell them apart, and also as i enjoy all their very individual personalities associated with their breeds). Some are even named after friends...
Ruby-Welsummer
Roxy-RIR
Bluebelle-Blue orpington
Daisy-Yellow/Buff cochin X
Lily-Light sussex
Lady Jane (LJ for short) -French copper black Marans
Minty Melon Jnr-Cream crested Legbar
Amber-Amber coloured hybrid
Princess-Gold orpington
Lulu-Gold Brahma
Kea-Pied Suffolk
Lallana-Leghorn
Dottie-White Wyandotte
Bellatrix-Black rock
Ginger-Amber link
Hermione-Columbian blacktail
Blossom & Jemima 2x white campbells
Willow & Delila 2x khaki campbells.
A mixed flock of 15 chickens, 2 ducks, and 14 fertile eggs under broodies (fingers crossed).

rocker

• Rastus. Bearded, boot leg, Bantam
« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2012, 11:08 »
I have four Bearded Boot Leg Bantams, I male & three girls.  Rastus the cockerel.
Then a play on words for the pointer Sisters. It didn't take me long to figure this out. even went on line to find out the girls names.
Regards
Rocker

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2012, 11:19 »
When we had chickens the first 2 were Dotty & Lotty, then 1 died  forget which so we got Betty Thumper (every time you got near her she would squat & thump with 1 leg) then the other 1 died & we got Doris Delargo(Bette Middler style)

Just named my 2 new Wyandotte Bantams Lotty and Dotty.  One is larger than the other so she is Lotty and then little one is of course Dotty.   :)
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

snowdrops

« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2012, 19:54 »

Just named my 2 new Wyandotte Bantams Lotty and Dotty.  One is larger than the other so she is Lotty and then little one is of course Dotty.   :)

How funny,hope yours are as much fun as ours were :D

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2012, 20:05 »

How funny,hope yours are as much fun as ours were :D

We are loving having Bantams, they make our other girls look like giants.  They are kept separate apart from when we let them all free range.  There has not been any bullying just a bit of "get out of my space" chasing!   :lol:

xx
Dumbest chicken names...

Started by chasechicken on Chicken Chat

33 Replies
Last post November 26, 2010, 17:12
by Helenaj
xx
Need names for hens...

Started by Kaye on Chicken Chat

27 Replies
Last post April 10, 2011, 11:57
by wildwitchy
xx
names for chickens

Started by nerdle on Chicken Chat

50 Replies
Last post February 24, 2013, 13:11
by Flowerpower136
xx
weird names for our chooks

Started by rachelr on Chicken Chat

48 Replies
Last post October 03, 2010, 19:22
by bengigirl

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 39 queries.