Springer Spaniels

• 64 Replies

twissle

• Experienced Member
Re: Springer Spaniels
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2011, 20:28 »
Yeah i think you are putting too much pressure on yourself :tongue2:. But i'm shaw we're all guilty of that at time's arn't we :D. At least your not putting him or you up to fail though. Bet by the summer he'll be fine.  ;)

rainie

« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2011, 21:50 »
Harrys made up a new game.

He gets hold of the long bit on his collar (while he is still wearing it), and runs around carrying it in his mouth like a toy or bird. Nutter.  ::)  :lol:
Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else.

twissle

• Experienced Member
« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2011, 06:21 »
haha He sound's a right clown :D :D

rainie

« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2011, 06:46 »
There is going to be a bit of thought being created in my garden on Wednesday. Harry has a date with the trainer again.  :D  Harry has  been a vocal dog since he came to live with us, and a complete nutter when let out into the garden with a yap as he runs. I'm sort of able to correct the noise he makes, but have only just started to realise this is improving. He does however bark at the neighbours which he can see through the beech hedge. It is driving me up the wall, and I've spoken to the neighbours and they are fine with it. BUT, Harry is 5 and I really dont want him to get into a really strong habit of barking at them and hes going to be with me for his lifetime and I reckon the neighbours will ge fed up at some point. So, trainer is coming to work with me my 2 dogs and the neighbours, to suss out why he is doing it (I think its attention seeking to get me to go out to him.) He is such a mentally active dog, i need ideas for stimulation. When I can,I  have upped his physical walks to a shorter one middle of the day as well as his 3/4 hour each end of the day. He seems really happy if he has attention consistently. Hmmm.

twissle

• Experienced Member
« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2011, 07:55 »
Good luck with the training. My young springer's the same, She's got mild ocd sooo really need to get her out of it before she get's too bad. Will be interesting to hear what the trainer does with him. My girl's getting abit better since she found some rope and plastic bottles to throw all around the garden ::) :D

xx
Update on Rusty (rescue Springer)

Started by Nicki85 on Pets without Feathers

12 Replies
Last post April 28, 2012, 10:38
by Thrift

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 38 queries.