Ryobi strimmer cord

• 4 Replies

owein

• Experienced Member
Ryobi strimmer cord
« on: June 04, 2009, 13:06 »
Just come back from my local tool repair shop who have stopped 'taking in that ryobi rubbish'

How easy is changing the pull cord? bearing in mind I am not a technical wizz by any stretch of the imagination! and any tips.

Thanks a lot

Rangerkris

• My pic's
Re: Ryobi strimmer cord
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 13:18 »
If its like most pull cord starter's you will need to take apart thread a new cord through the hole in the body of the strimmer and there will be a hole in the recoil pass the cord through and knot the end.

Then pull some cord through so you can unwind  the recoil so that when you let it go the cord goes onto the recoil.   

I know how to do it but explaining it is something else.  Gwiz might be along soon to explain better.
Thanks
Kris

Rangerkris

• My pic's
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 13:20 »
hello mr k, since you didn't give me a model #,i will give you solutions for both models,780r and 790r are the same,700r.here is what you do.1 remove air breather cover. 2 disconnect throttle cable from carburetor.3 on the 790r remove the four screws holding on black cone,you should be able to remove shaft,cone,cable,as one piece. 4 on the 700r lossen clamp ring,remove set screw on clamp ring, you should be able to slide out shaft & cable.5 on the 700r remove the four screws holding on gray cover, cover should come off,remove black piece at edge of pull start,remove center brass snap ring,remove spool,reinstall pull rope.oh check ears on spool to make thay are not stripped,tou may have to replace pull starter spool,repair as needed,reassemble machine.6 on the 780r&790r after removing black cone you have to remove the clutch drum assy.this is how,remove spark plug,insert screwbriver in cylender to keep piston from moving.using a T20 torx screwdriver unscrew the retaining screw in the center of the housing[ normal R H thread] .after removing clutch drum remove clutch,channel locks will work fine,follow arrows direction,remove four screws holding on gray piece.7 make note how kill switch wires are hooked up.8 remove three retaining clips holding down pull start spool.9 check ears on pull start to make sure not stripped.10 insert new rope,reassemble in reverse. 11 if you need a diagram for your machine.go to, mtd products.com click mtd products,click parts& accessories click owners manuals, type in model# type in serial#, click search, model will cone up,click on what you need.hope this solution helps,there is no no other way to install pull cord,good luck

owein

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 21:50 »
Thats great. thanks for the advice.
Will give it a go this weekend.
Will probably be back for more advice.

owein

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 09:56 »
A quick question,
having read the instructions above i just want to check that they are relevant to my strimmer as I had stupidly not told you the model number in my first post.
It is a PBC 3046YB 30cc
Thanks very much

xx
Replace Ryobi pull cord

Started by aubergine on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post September 05, 2010, 20:20
by aubergine
xx
changing starter cord on JCB strimmer

Started by poor1 on Equipment Shed

0 Replies
Last post June 17, 2010, 09:24
by poor1
xx
JCB Petrol Strimmer - cord problems

Started by DavidW on Equipment Shed

4 Replies
Last post July 29, 2007, 06:38
by Gwiz
xx
Ryobi Strimmer

Started by radiohead on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post August 29, 2012, 17:38
by radiohead

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 36 queries.