flymo dm rotovator

• 10 Replies

randombod

flymo dm rotovator
« on: March 24, 2009, 20:51 »
I have the above mentioned machine however it just will not go i have stripped the engine down replaced parts and everything but it simply will not fire up.. when i bought it i had it running for 3 mins and then nothing . i use the pull cord and choke and nothing is comming through the black fuel pipe any ideas its all been stripped out so i am at a loss
cheers in advance  :blink:
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 21:01 by Ice »

Browser

• Experienced Member
Re: flymo dm rotovator
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 22:02 »
DOn't worry, the forum's resident expert will be along soon. I can't offer much advice meself, my DM runs (at the moment anyway!).
Blimey! You mean you can *grow* things in soil?

Gwiz

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 05:32 »
nothing from the fuel pipe?
If it's the lay-out I think it is, it's gravity fed.
you must have some kind of blockage. have you cleaned out the petrol tank? checked for a blocked outlet? with the petrol tank off the machine, and empty, take off the petrol cap and blow down the pipe.
If you can get air through it, you might just have a blocked petrol cap.
they are supposed to be vented. :)

randombod

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 06:45 »
DOn't worry, the forum's resident expert will be along soon. I can't offer much advice meself, my DM runs (at the moment anyway!).

the way this thing is going i may have some spare parts for you sooner than later ...

cheers for the advice ill give it a try

Browser

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 09:09 »
As a possible cause eliminator, try taking off the air filter and tipping about a thimblefull of petrol directly intop the carb and then see if it fires up. If it does it will probably stop again quite quickly but this points to a fuel blockage, as Gwiz said.

dorimower

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2009, 14:23 »
I'm a bit puzzled here to some descriptions....because if I have done my sums correct :unsure: DM that I am familiar with had B&S 3hp or 3.5hp?? with low tank, pump type...pulsa-jet carb.??

Perhaps then an earlier version/re engine?? with front mounted tank.??  These often have a metal fuel tap on the union below the tank...the tap spindle having a thin flattened portion hard on the fingers to screw open if tight.

"Dori"
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 14:38 by dorimower »

Gwiz

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2009, 16:42 »
I'm glad it isn't just me.
I thought they were pulsa-jet as well, but looking at some photos on 'tinterweb, it would seem that there is at least one around with a front mounted tank. :blink:

PigFarmer

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 15:11 »
Hi,
Sorry to bring back to life an old thread but I found the begining of the right informatin in this one.
I have a Flymo DM, and it has the Pulsa-Jet Carb i think too...

I have finally managed to get it started again for the first time in 2 years (pull cord incident!) and it was working really well, nice and strong (new air filter helped i think!)

but then... I turned round and was a bit high so ended up tryign to start the next row with it tipped forward, and it stalled - as if it had ran out of petrol. Tank still half full, and any combination of moving ti around wont let me get it running longer than a turn of so... so have i managed to mess somethign up by tipping it? (i didn;t tip[ it too far!)

Help please!

Gwiz

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2012, 17:05 »
I expect it's just flooded. Remove the plug and let it dry out for an hour or two and then have another go.
All should be well unless you are getting oil from the exhaust. :)

Twoflower

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2012, 23:24 »
Hi all
I have just bought one of these and its great piece of kit
Does anyone know where i can get parts for it ? i am after some land wheels , the plate from the front that says "flymo" on it and the bucket bit to make it a motor wheel barrow - thanks
Member of the Special Brew-Up Service
Who is bringing the biscuits?

Gwiz

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2012, 07:53 »
Engine parts you'll get from your local machinery dealer, belts can be got from
http://www.bearing-supplies.co.uk/
The bits for the actual machine itself may be more difficult. As this machine hasn't been made for some years, I think your best bet will be to keep an eye on ebay.

xx
Flymo DM Rotovator

Started by Stewart Wagstaff on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post March 14, 2021, 10:56
by jezza
clip
Flymo GLM Rotovator reverse pulley arm spring - Help!

Started by Dutton05 on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post May 03, 2021, 19:25
by Dutton05
xx
Flymo DM Rotovator Pull Cord Recoil. B+S 3HP

Started by LILACSPLASH on Equipment Shed

8 Replies
Last post September 04, 2007, 17:43
by LILACSPLASH
xx
dm 2 flymo rotovator partsbook/workshop manual needed

Started by bullgoose on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post May 29, 2011, 06:47
by Gwiz

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 39 queries.