Honda FG110 Mini Tiller review

• 4 Replies

Diy-king

Honda FG110 Mini Tiller review
« on: February 18, 2009, 07:15 »
As promised here is my review on the Honda FG110 Mini Tiller. Ordered from MowWithUs website and received next day ready assembled. After removing from the packaging adding the oil and some petrol siphoned from the car (spit spit), gave it a couple of pulls to get the oil circulating, turned it on and it started first time. First trial, small 10ft x 10ft patch at home, soil heavy compacted clay, a little bit of trial and error (not used a tiller before) and after 10 minutes it was tilled to a very fine tilth like never before (takes an hour digging normally). Next trial will be the allotment which is light sandy soil so I envisage at the very least the same results. A light and easily manoeuvrable machine, easy starting, weight is about a Kg heaver than the Mantis. All in all a great little machine.

If it brakes get out the hammer
if that does'nt work get a bigger hammer

Gwiz

Re: Honda FG110 Mini Tiller review
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 05:00 »
I've got to say that when mine pack up, this Honda is top of my list.
Thanks for the review. I'm glad you're pleased with it. :)

beansticks

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 20:59 »
Hi DIY-KING,i bought the same machine 3 years ago,it is a fantastic tool,more than capable of doing what ever you ask of it.Mine is only used in March/April and left for a year,still starts like a dream.

Diy-king

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 08:09 »
Have just finished the allotment, I had to wait for it to dry out enough. I found that if the soil is too wet it bogs down, I would think the same as any cultivator/tiller.
It took about an hour to do the whole lotti which is seperated into three plots for rotation. On one plot I had laid manure last September for my potatoes and it dug it in and mixed it up a treat. The other two plots are ready for planting, very fine tilth tilled to about half a spades depth ready for seed, it will did deeper if required. After I had been using for about ten minutes two other people came over and told me they had bought the same and what a great machine it was.
Only two slight problems, stones can get lodged between tines and gearbox and need to be removed,the second is the cutout switch is in a position which can be knocked accidentally, other wise a super machine.

Gwiz

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2009, 08:17 »
I wouldn't worry too much about the stones getting jammed, I think it'll happen on just about any of the "smaller" machines, It certainly does on my Ryobi.
I have the same problem with the cut-out switch on both my rotavators. It's a legal requirement to have the switch in a place where it can be used instantly. Trouble is, with hands the size of dinner plates (like mine) you tend to knock it over to the off position a number of times each visit to the plot. :D

xx
Mini tillers mantis v honda fg110

Started by neal on Equipment Shed

5 Replies
Last post February 02, 2008, 16:49
by neal
xx
honda fg110 4stroke tiller.

Started by beansticks on Equipment Shed

14 Replies
Last post March 11, 2007, 19:19
by Bigbadfrankie
xx
honda FG110 tiller. mantis replacement?

Started by Gwiz on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post May 02, 2006, 15:00
by Basil Fawlty
xx
Honda 110 Mini Tiller

Started by Otis on Equipment Shed

0 Replies
Last post August 08, 2014, 14:32
by Otis

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 34 queries.