Summerhouse recommendations?

• 4 Replies

ghost61

Summerhouse recommendations?
« on: December 11, 2015, 08:42 »
I've got a new bit of garden and have always wanted an octagonal summerhouse.  I can't afford the ones that John Lewis sell, but have seen similar from a company called Dunster House.  Thing is they have really bad reviews, so I'm a bit wary.  Spend would be about £1,700.  Anyone got any experience with that company, or could recommend someone else, bearing in mind my budget and wish for an octagonal summerhouse with Georgian Windows and doors?  Many thanks and Happy Christmas to all  :)

grinling

RichardA

Re: Summerhouse recommendations?
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 18:29 »
I have just build, single handed, a large log cabin and store from Dunster House at Flixborough and before that a large playframe with virtually all the optionals in their catalogue for the grandkids. In every case I have been very impressed by Dunster house. People sometimes don't understand timber and don't follow instructions and don't listen to advice given, and that is sometimes how complaints arise. I am not a professional just an average DIYer but I do read instructions and listen to advice and I am well pleased with product, with service and with everyone I met at Dunster House. If you are ever any where near me in North Lincolnshire you are welcome to come and look at what I did and the outcome.
R

maddave

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2015, 12:50 »
I would also recommend Dunster House. Yes there are some bad reviews, which I was sceptical about when I ordered, but as mentioned above, if you have some common sense and understand that would is a natural product, then you cant go wrong.  I bought one of there cabins and put it up in a weekend.  It was very easy, looks great and it would be the first thing I buy again if I ever moved house.

Love it!

ghost61

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2015, 14:31 »
Thanks for the reassurance, maddave and RichardA.  I do like the look of their summer houses and they seem good value at the moment in the sale.  I know that most people are quick to complain rather than praise, so good to have some positive feedback.

xx
Greenhouse recommendations

Started by thecakebaker on Equipment Shed

6 Replies
Last post March 21, 2020, 00:34
by John
xx
Greenhouse recommendations

Started by blue_cortina on Equipment Shed

14 Replies
Last post June 17, 2008, 21:34
by GrannieAnnie
xx
Rootrainer recommendations please.

Started by JayG on Equipment Shed

6 Replies
Last post July 30, 2020, 15:45
by snowdrops
xx
Wheelbarrow recommendations

Started by Lee1978 on Equipment Shed

0 Replies
Last post March 14, 2015, 20:51
by Lee1978

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 36 queries.