Layers Pellets

• 1 Replies

Pat4d

Layers Pellets
« on: July 20, 2012, 09:04 »
Good morning,

Since I have had my ex batts I have fed them on Small Holder Range ex Batt crumb then the Small Holder Range Ex batt pellet. I always have to order this in specially as the local places don't stock it.

This time I decided to go with something they have in stock so went with Small Holder Range pellets (not Ex Batt special). The chap in the shop said you can buy pellets for £7-8 for 25 kg or these ones for £12 for 20 kg. I went for the more costly option as I hoped it would be better and more similar to the feed they currently have.

My question is this...Is the Small Holder Stuff really twice as good as the generic brand as it works out over twice the price per kg?

Are there any recomended brands that are better or worse that people have experiance of or would recommend?

Thanks,
Pat.

Hen 1-0 Fox

• Experienced Member
Re: Layers Pellets
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 12:15 »
In my humble opinion if you look at the ingredients and it includes at least 16% protein then thats what matters. If your hens free range at all they will be topping up their diet with greens and lovely bugs too. I certainly wouldn't be paying twice the price, do you know why it's supposedly worth twice as much??
x1 Light Sussex x1 Black Rock x1 Bluebell x1 Silver Sussex

xx
layers pellets, which ones

Started by nzdunn on The Hen House

19 Replies
Last post September 06, 2009, 09:08
by danmegal
xx
layers pellets

Started by TINTIN on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post January 22, 2009, 21:38
by BestBreast
xx
Age for layers pellets

Started by carolbriar on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post December 07, 2009, 08:34
by Sassy
question
Layers pellets

Started by Holyfishcakes on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post September 10, 2011, 15:39
by Holyfishcakes

Page created in 0.948 seconds with 39 queries.