Diary of a suburban bantie cockerel

• 260 Replies

wighty

Re: Diary of a suburban bantie cockerel
« Reply #255 on: July 06, 2023, 17:35 »
Eddie, lovely to hear from you again, was wondering whether the 'girls' had got too much for you and you had flown away 'skywards' ::)  Will you never learn that us girls have the last laugh and one over on yo u males.  :D

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #256 on: September 07, 2023, 12:09 »
Eddie’s diary

It’s that time of year when most of my tail has moulted onto the coop floor and even with my best impressive posing, I just get giggled at … sigh  ::)

Honestly it is just one long round of hassles and humiliations at the moment. ‘Why not have a run in the garden?’ I get told.  Off I go with Millie and after a protracted going over of all areas, I head home and spot the garden fork. Now what!  Safe bet that blasted human has been cleaning us out, the coop will not be as I left it and the run has been dug over. That’s my favourite sleeping spot and carefully crafted dust bathing pits gone for sure  >:(

Then I see the whole lot is damp. Good grief, she’s only gone and hosed it all down for good measure. Now I am going to have to sit on my branch perch and sulk while it all dries out!  Expect some dirty looks and an attitude this afternoon then missus  :tongue2:
IMG_6010.jpeg
IMG_6015.jpg
IMG_6016.jpg
« Last Edit: September 07, 2023, 12:15 by New shoot »

wighty

« Reply #257 on: September 07, 2023, 16:18 »
I have tried to PM you Eddie to find out what you're doing but you don't appear to have an account! :D  Lovely to hear from you.  It's not the clothes y ou wear that maketh the man, it's what's inside that really counts.  Y our 'human' is only trying to make things better for you and in this rather strange 'hot' weather, surely a 'damp patch, with your feathery coat is a relief.  Love to you and  y our girls, Wighty.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #258 on: December 16, 2023, 20:15 »
Eddie’s letter to Santa

Dear Santa,

Please excuse my scrawly writing, but holding a pen in chicken claws is not easy.  Just to let you know that I have been a very, very good boy this year and deserve lots of presents.  My list is not that long and all year I have done my jobs diligently:

Guard the house and garden.
Patrol the area checking all is in order.
Make sure that human behaves herself (well as much as I can)
Eat the weeds and grass - ignore any complaints from this address claiming they are her flowers  :tongue2:
Look after Millie and try and keep the two young hooligan girls in order.

Soooo………… I would like please some mealworms, some grapes, some more mealworms, extra corn and apples and, and ….

Right Millie is demanding strawberries go on the list.  I am not too fussed about them and like the green tops better than the red bit, but she loves them  ::)  OK - happy now?  Better chuck in some tomatoes as well as she goes ape after them. 

… anyway, as I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted, I would also like lettuce, some more mealworms in case the previous lots were not enough and finally an intercom system in case my crows are not enough to get her indoors out here looking after me.  Let’s see her ignore that!  :lol:

Please also make sure all the nice forum folk get presents as well and have a lovely Christmas as they are my friends.

Thanks Santa - you’re the best.

Eddie xx

IMG_0148.jpeg

snowdrops

« Reply #259 on: December 16, 2023, 20:20 »
Fingers crossed for you Eddie  :)
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

wighty

« Reply #260 on: December 17, 2023, 17:01 »
We  became good friends as I came armed  with mealworms  so that I could 'sneak' into your humans shed to hide cake and other 'goodies' in there .  I really hope that you get everything you've wished for,  but don't forget Father Christmas will be thinking about  your 'figure' and mealworms are very fattening.  :lol:

xx
Bantie Orpintons???

Started by jinty1911 on Chicken Chat

3 Replies
Last post January 17, 2011, 20:56
by Evansent
sad
Hen now cockerel

Started by The Goods on Chicken Chat

7 Replies
Last post January 07, 2013, 21:06
by Paul Plots
xx
Gobby Cockerel

Started by LittleRedHen on Chicken Chat

1 Replies
Last post January 17, 2014, 13:39
by grinling
xx
Scared cockerel

Started by Pretty Chick on Chicken Chat

6 Replies
Last post June 16, 2010, 23:53
by raeburg

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 47 queries.