What I did on the plot today - 2013

• 2699 Replies

Paul Plots

Re: What I did on the plot today - 2013
« Reply #1695 on: June 26, 2013, 00:11 »
Got to the allotment twice today,  :D this morning before picking up DD from nursery I added to the compost bin, weeded and then a kind gentleman who has taken on a nearby gave me some white and purple sprouting broccoli, and even helped me pop it in as he knew I didn't have much time.
I then popped back after tea with my girlies and found the 'gentleman' had covered my broccoli with chicken wire. There really are some very kind people around aren't there!
More weeding, watering....slowly getting rid of my grassy bits!
Mrswashi 8)

Some very nice people about... "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" . One good turn deserves a big thank you.  ;)
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

finleyfreyaseth

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1696 on: June 26, 2013, 06:46 »
Got to the allotment twice today,  :D this morning before picking up DD from nursery I added to the compost bin, weeded and then a kind gentleman who has taken on a nearby gave me some white and purple sprouting broccoli, and even helped me pop it in as he knew I didn't have much time.
I then popped back after tea with my girlies and found the 'gentleman' had covered my broccoli with chicken wire. There really are some very kind people around aren't there!
More weeding, watering....slowly getting rid of my grassy bits!
Mrswashi 8)
but there realy are some miserable gits too >:( gotta couple round me who cant even nod or reply when you say hello , :)

Some very nice people about... "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" . One good turn deserves a big thank you.  ;)

ptarmigan

« Reply #1697 on: June 26, 2013, 11:45 »
Went up yesterday to water seedlings - beetroot, chard, mizuna and some other random stuff.  Celeriac looking very lush and green but not very celeriac-y.  Potatoes flowering (Charlotte) but a furtle only bought up some tiny tubers - must be more patient.   Gorgeous evening.

mjpalin

• MJ - also known as Michelle!
    • Starmaker - my other "hobby"
« Reply #1698 on: June 26, 2013, 15:11 »
Planted out the leeks, weeded the parsnip bed and the parsnip bath, and then sowed some more seeds in the gaps. (I know they probably won't get very big, but as everything is so late this year, I figured I might as well give it a go). Watered in the greenhouse and them talked plans with hubby to move the gate to the plot.
Link to my first attempt at a diary: http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=113513.0

Comments & suggestions on my diary welcome here: http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=113518.0

Spend ytd: £293.44 (setting up plot 29 has been expensive) Harvest ytd: £163.93 (as at 8/8)

Nij48

• Experienced Member
    • My allotment diary
« Reply #1699 on: June 26, 2013, 17:50 »
Started laying the walls for the chicken coop and run.

The far wall looks bowed (it isnt - dodo picture)

Then put about two inch of glass in the bottom and filled it up with the soil I dug out earlier.

Again the wall looks bowed - I agree the concreting isnt the most square thing ever but it does the job.

Finally a little water, weeding & check-up....my pot's have started flowering :)

2013 Halifax Horticultural show.
French beans winner :)

Annen

• Anne's Gardening Diary
« Reply #1700 on: June 26, 2013, 18:54 »
Planted the rest of the tomatoes in the greenhouse border, they are just some spare ones which would otherwise go on the compost heap.
Big news! :) Dug up the first potatoes of the year.  :lol:  I wasn't expecting any yet, but one plant was looking a little bit droopy and a wee bit yellower than the others so I had a look and wey hey![size=78%] [/size]
WP_000254.jpg
Anne

Beetroot queen

« Reply #1701 on: June 26, 2013, 19:29 »
Well i have been up the hill for a few hours and to be honest either i am slowing down or i got nothing hardly done.

Picked, bit of weeding and had a few quite strong cramps so came home.  :ohmy:

Maybe i need to start sitting down for a few minutes every hour.

Wiltshire Worms

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1702 on: June 26, 2013, 21:29 »
made the last sowing of mange-tout..1st lot in flower now..said hello to the new ladies on their first day on the allotment and teased pistol pete about his new varieties of mini veg he seems to be growing ::) ;)

mrswashi

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1703 on: June 26, 2013, 21:44 »
Paul plots and finlayfreyaseth completely agree with both of you  ;)
Paul I did give my very kind neighbour a bar of chic for his kindliness, any other ideas? Someone gave me a lettuce today, where does it end?
FFS I experienced my first sexism today when an old fella was complaining about another ladies plot being untidy probably because she didn't have time ( I wanted to add that Yes, I'm sure she's too busy 'housekeeping!')
Hmmmm
Lots more weeding, pulling up grassy bits, reclaiming my plot edges, and sowed a few more peas (well it does say till end of June - almost there)
 :)

Chaz1985

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1704 on: June 26, 2013, 21:47 »
A quick pop up to the allotment after work resulted in me bringing home my first proper hoarde of goodies, 3 punnets of strawberries, courgettes, 1st early potatoes, purple sprouting and a couple of shallots :D.

Sue33

« Reply #1705 on: June 26, 2013, 21:52 »
Planted 40 sweetcorn, some sprouts, French beans, four cukes and 8 tomato plants, picked 2lb of strawberries and a few small lettuces

RJR_38

• www.foodinmytum.com
« Reply #1706 on: June 26, 2013, 22:00 »
A quick pop up to the allotment after work resulted in me bringing home my first proper hoarde of goodies, 3 punnets of strawberries, courgettes, 1st early potatoes, purple sprouting and a couple of shallots :D.

Wow, very impressed! Makes my harvests look teeny tiny in comparison :(

Rosehip

• My Blog
« Reply #1707 on: June 26, 2013, 22:02 »
Went to the plot for a quick visit  :D will I ever learn.3 hrs later I'm home.needed to cut grass/ weeds from under raspberry bushes,then net them and put some weed killer on pathway.
Watered poly and outside then noticed birds had started on my peas so more net,checked the broad beans and they had eaten some of them as well more net.
Put bigger enviromesh on carrots,picked mange tout,feed potatoes,and strawberries.weeded sweetcorn and broccoli.packed up and went home. :lol:
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 22:04 by Rosehip »

snowdrops

« Reply #1708 on: June 26, 2013, 22:04 »
Started laying the walls for the chicken coop and run.

The far wall looks bowed (it isnt - dodo picture)

Then put about two inch of glass in the bottom and filled it up with the soil I dug out earlier.

Again the wall looks bowed - I agree the concreting isnt the most square thing ever but it does the job.

Finally a little water, weeding & check-up....my pot's have started flowering :)

Why do you put glass in the hole?
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Nij48

• Experienced Member
    • My allotment diary
« Reply #1709 on: June 26, 2013, 22:47 »
Why do you put glass in the hole?

To stop rats digging up to the chickens - well that the plan

xx
Tips for 2013 and my new plot

Started by Ema on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post December 28, 2012, 15:43
by JayG
xx
what I did NOT do on the plot today.

Started by richrua on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post March 30, 2013, 10:29
by BabbyAnn
xx
Been to my plot today for......

Started by jacnal on Grow Your Own

32 Replies
Last post October 23, 2007, 21:17
by gobs
xx
I have been to see my new plot for the first time today

Started by debih on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post August 18, 2008, 20:57
by Nogger

Page created in 0.334 seconds with 33 queries.