post op walks have started me on a new hobbie.

• 3 Replies

LILLILEAF

post op walks have started me on a new hobbie.
« on: August 04, 2018, 23:01 »
Well its 10wks now since hip op, i walk every day 3 times a day walking long the roads by my house there are plenty of hedges and banks, so i started looking at what insect life is in there plenty of butterflies and bees.
I have my phone with me so i can take pictures of both the butterflies and the bees, then stupid me :blush: light bulb moment i notice we have lots of different types of bee, it was my first day trying to photo some bees i managed to get a few, they never stop working and they never stay still for a second.
The butterflies are as bad they never stop moving around, i have my chart on some of the butterflies not all are on there, i have bought a book on butterflies waiting eagerly for it to arrive so i can check the names out of the ones i have pictures of.
I have also joined bee conservation group it cost £15.00,or you can pay more if you want to, because without the bees we would not be able to grow our fruit and veg.
My walks out each time are now very interesting and they take me further on my walks, i have been walking since 17 July i have done just over 90.000 steps I'm getting better every day :)Lillileaf

snowdrops

Re: post op walks have started me on a new hobbie.
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2018, 06:12 »
That’s great Lilli, so good to be aware of what’s around us, sometimes we forget to really look what’s just there not far from our doors.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

mrs bouquet

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 09:53 »
Glad you're doing so well.  It is interesting to actually stop and see what is around us, it makes us all so less stressed.   Hope you have explained to the neighbours what you are doing with the Camera  ;) ;) ;)
Do try a visit to your library, I use it all the time and can spend time in there looking at all the non-fiction stuff.  Keep Well, regards,  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

LILLILEAF

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2018, 23:45 »
Thanks Mrs B i am lucky i don't have any neighbours, the only ones i have are either cows or sheep and the odd horse, but i am sure they still wonder what i am doing, i am very new to the smart phone great to fit in the pocket the pictures i take are good its the operator that's at fault :lol:.
The walking is going well i did nearly 9000 steps yesterday i just have to keep my focus, the butterflies and bees are helping me along the way they break up the walk and take my mind off how far i am going.
The walking going in the garden collecting the fruit and veg are going along way to getting me back on my feet 10wks post op now doctor and phisio say i am doing well its all on me now to keep the fitness going.
Back to work next week :( i will be starting with half days only for the first month i will have to see how it goes.

xx
Just started on ITV - a new series

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

7 Replies
Last post May 26, 2020, 23:38
by Aunt Sally
xx
Fireworks have started

4 Replies
Last post January 26, 2023, 08:57
by GraciesGran
xx
Beware these scam phone calls have started again..

5 Replies
Last post June 23, 2018, 17:32
by theothermarg
xx
How long before I can post in the forums?

Started by Browseruk on Chatting on the Plot

1 Replies
Last post February 12, 2023, 09:53
by John

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 37 queries.