sorry there all closed

• 30 Replies

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Re: sorry there all closed
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2020, 09:55 »
Victorian Kitchen Garden is around to view.  You can watch it here without creating an account. If you do create an account, note your dob is American format mm/dd/yyyy

https://www.dailymotion.com/search/victorian%20kitchen%20garden/videos
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 09:56 by New shoot »

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2020, 10:12 »
Just found some the Wartime Kitchen Garden on YouTube as well  :)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtcyBfrwYu_udYcC_Hc2KYjhISVc9WyfB

Same YouTuber also has the Victorian Flower Garden.  Well that has got you sorted for a fews hours of viewing  :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtcyBfrwYu_t_T0Od4WKIsHE3SBMhMRD9
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 10:15 by New shoot »

sunnywillow

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2020, 12:16 »
Just watched this....much better than some of the c*** that is being re-run. Surely in these trying times we need cheering up and it is now acknowledged that gardening is one of the activities that is good for both mental and physical health. Just 'channel' hopping last night we could have watched Evil killers of the world; Britains most evil killers and other various doom laden murderous programmes.
Think I will get out my copy of the book to go with this wonderful gardening series and hibernate under the duvet 'til spring.. :) :)

GraciesGran

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2020, 16:17 »
Newshoot, thank you.  Kettle on, biscuit tin at the ready!

rowlandwells

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2020, 18:15 »
i tend to agree with you Graciesgran and mum because there are many of the good old garden programs that the BBC could run and i think most of our members take the same view you see you have to have some tosh programs to make the other programs look good  :lol:

and as for good old Monty well he's got another six months to get a good rest and if he wants a hand I'm sure we could get John H to help him out  :D

mrs bouquet

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2020, 10:48 »
I am not sure about Monty being shy.   He had some issues with his health a few years back.  Perhaps he is trying to prevent any re-occurance.     I must admit he is not my favourite, but I do think we could see some re-runs of GW etc going back quite a few years.    What a lovely thing to watch on a dark winters night.  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

rowlandwells

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2020, 17:48 »
absolutely rite Mrs B couldn't agree more with your reply what a lovely thought dream on comes to mind  :lol:
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 18:25 by mumofstig »

basketcase

• Experienced Member
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2020, 16:47 »
Geoff did several series about making gardens from scratch eg Ornamental Kitchen Garden (got the DVDs) and there was also a series on the Victorian Kitchen Garden, plus 2 others.
I managed to record the Victorian Kitchen Garden the last time it was shown, and re-watched a few over the weekend  :blush:
I have a few of the Geoff Hamilton series on dvd as well, for when the mood takes me  ;)

As for modern GW I do record it, but seem to FF through most of it nowadays  ::)

Maybe for the WordWeDareNotMention List?  BTW - when may we mention it?

Went on a DVD splurge a while back, so I've got the 3 Geoff Hamilton series and the Victorian Kitchen Garden/Kitchen and Flower Garden for when I really want to binge.  I enjoyed the Dig for Victory thing as well - I like everything that team does.  I wish they'd do a few more like that - maybe a Georgian and/or Mediaeval Garden - both rich and poor.  A year growing no-dig would be good too.

But it'd have to be with people who really know what they're doing and can explain things in an understandable but intelligent way.  Maybe Ruth and team would be up for it?  The Beechgrove team would be good for that too.  Being in Scotland, it's more use to me than GW and I prefer it anyway.

basketcase

• Experienced Member
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2020, 16:49 »
Just watched this....much better than some of the c*** that is being re-run. Surely in these trying times we need cheering up and it is now acknowledged that gardening is one of the activities that is good for both mental and physical health. Just 'channel' hopping last night we could have watched Evil killers of the world; Britains most evil killers and other various doom laden murderous programmes.
Think I will get out my copy of the book to go with this wonderful gardening series and hibernate under the duvet 'til spring.. :) :)
I agree.  As if we're not depressed enough!

I've been enjoying the Joan Hickson Miss Marple re-runs.  (Apparently she was Agatha Christie's ideal Miss M)

rowlandwells

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2020, 17:23 »
yes Beachgrove  very good program well worth watching and very informative all very good presenters still watching the back series

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2020, 20:46 »

1 December  :D
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

basketcase

• Experienced Member
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2020, 19:40 »

1 December  :D

Ah, thanks.
No point in risking being stripped of your (plant) labels and drummed off the plot in a wheelbarrow...  :wacko:

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2020, 20:30 »
No point in risking being stripped of your (plant) labels and drummed off the plot in a wheelbarrow...  :wacko:

:lol:

Actually it is worse than even that  :ohmy:  Aunt Sally puts you on the norty step and if you persist in riling her, she starts rattling the dungeon keys  :ohmy:  :ohmy:  :ohmy:

Tenhens

• freedom lodge for tenhens ex battery 1 year on
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2020, 16:18 »

Sounds like TV to die for!!

Monty seems to have the 'Marmite ' effect , I find him quite easy to watch , he has a soothing voice .
we also rescue rabbits and guinea pigs, grow own veg

rowlandwells

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2020, 16:37 »
yes a good reply Tenhens Marmite you either love it or hate it and yes Marmite is easy to spread but for some the taste  ???not easy to swallow  :D :D :D

xx
Wales is Closed for a couple of hours

Started by John on Chatting on the Plot

9 Replies
Last post October 29, 2019, 17:16
by 8doubles

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 56 queries.